• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Who loves their Scarab boat

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
White post on back of trailer

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Elio195HOI,

What trailer guides are those?
My original trailer bumpers rotted away and literally fell off while loading the boat one day. These are CE Smith, purchased from West marine with LED lights. SO much easier to load the boat now.

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I Love my scarab 215. Summer cant come soon enough!
20170903_175546_resized.jpg 20170924_162225_resized.jpg

S.peay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Love mine, 46 hours 2 summers

Scarab Surf Bug

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After quite a bit of research I purchased a 2108 215ID today. The dealer was by far more knowledgeable than the competing Yamaha dealer and fit and finish and overall quality are better for Scarab in my opinion. I was only able to get 1 hour on the maiden voyage all went well before the weather turned. I am hopeful my choice to go with the higher price tag for the Scarab won't be a mistake.

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Scarab is a good looking boat, my friend has a 2018 215 wake no issues runs great. Mine is 2017 195 impulse sexy and running great. Had some warranty issues scarab took care of. Any pictures of your boat

Attachments

scarab165

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Mine is 2015 Scarab 165 and I love this thing , handling is amazing not as fast as the 250 but its lots of fun and reliable.

Attachments

Scarab Surf Bug

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hopefully the weather will cooperate for the weekend and i can get more pics on the water. This was still sitting on the lot, before I hooked it up to the Tundra.20180529_131007_1527621025159_001_1527621934144.jpg

Eddie Zepeda

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't think anybody will get mad. Based on reading forums, it's definitely a good question. I personally generally subscribe to the "vocal minority" concept, especially when it comes to complaining about things. People generally seek out places to get answers, complain, give reviews when they are having problems but not so much when everything is working well. So in most products, you tend to find lots of complaints because those are the people that need answers.

With that being said, I don't know if that applies to Scarabs in general... but I thought it was worthwhile to say that mine has been good and apparently others too.
I'm 1 of the guys looking for advise on issues. Love my boat but dealer not much help.

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm 1 of the guys looking for advise on issues. Love my boat but dealer not much help.
It seems like a lot of dealers don't know much of the rotax, my dealer was one of them, I called scarab warranty and they made sure I was taken care of. Best thing is be knowledgeable about your boat!!!
Research and ask questions!!

Scarab Surf Bug

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
20180603_094228.jpg So far so good minus a little dock bump. I have 9 hrs so far 1 to go before the 1st service. 7900 rpm 52 mph!

Last edited:

Eddie Zepeda

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It seems like a lot of dealers don't know much of the rotax, my dealer was one of them, I called scarab warranty and they made sure I was taken care of. Best thing is be knowledgeable about your boat!!!
Research and ask questions!!
My boat pulls left and won't go over 40mph.
Any idea why?