• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Who loves their Scarab boat

Dirt squirt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Mines been great! 2015 195 with about 60 hours on it. It seems like it’s running better than ever this season. A couple of things I’ve noticed are: Don’t try to get three years out of your sparks plugs. Two is about the max, and install a fin thing, like a cobra jet or a jet pilot? I forget what they’re called, but they’re advertised all over this site. They noticeably improve low speed handling. Totally agree on Scarab>Yamaha. I looked at both and thought the Scarab was so much better designed.

Boat~R~US

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Supercharged or not?

If SC be sure tu use 91 octane gas
False : you can run 87 octane gas in these rotax engines with a super charger.

Yan Masse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
False : you can run 87 octane gas in these rotax engines with a super charger.
Yes you can use 87 like in any other engines, but you won't get all the performances you paid for.

RPM with 87 will be around 7200-7300 and with 91 it's 7950-8000

Anyways, I run mine with 91 or 87 + octane booster when there is no premium available but it all comes down to a personal choice.

20180625_002112[2249].jpg

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
It has been recommended not to use octane booster ,it can build up a film on sensors and spark plugs, if you want high octane put high octane gas in.

Ashley Harrod

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
First time posting. I bought my 2015 Scarab 255 HO impulse with 37 hours on it about three weeks ago. I had to drive about ten hours to go pick it up. I love the look and I've only had a chance to put it on the water twice. Both times I got rained out heavy. I found this sight after purchasing my boat and to be honest all the mechanical issues everyone was posting started to scare the crap out of me. I know this site is meant to help each other out and I've already learned quite a bit. I'm glad to know there are some positive Scarab owners. I guess look at it this way...All pretty ladies have some issues but it sure as Hell doesn't keep us running after them. LOL

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
You said it perfectly!! Welcome aboard
They are sexy boats!

ApelilaRains

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Love ours, this will be our first full season, we purchased our 2018 back Sept 2017!

Gbd165

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My first post on this board was about owning a lemon. My dealer came through for me about 4 weeks ago, and I've had a big smile since. The 165 with the 250HP motor is a thrill to drive! I live on the water, so I'm out every evening after work if possible. Looking forward to many years of enjoyment.

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
My first post on this board was about owning a lemon. My dealer came through for me about 4 weeks ago, and I've had a big smile since. The 165 with the 250HP motor is a thrill to drive! I live on the water, so I'm out every evening after work if possible. Looking forward to many years of enjoyment.
Glad to hear you enjoying your boat!!

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
It's great to see happy scarab owners!!!
Me and the family have had a great year boating.

Jwalk

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm just wondering how many people out there love their Scarab boats and had minimum issues with it?
I've seen enough of the issues out there , I have had my own, but is there someone happy Scarab boater's???
I have a 2017 255 HO Wake Edition, second season in Ocean City MD. Boat is awesome! Minor issues loose nuts, etc. my biggest is now I want the 600 hp 255 that is coming out!!

Boat~R~US

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I have a 2017 255 HO Wake Edition, second season in Ocean City MD. Boat is awesome! Minor issues loose nuts, etc. my biggest is now I want the 600 hp 255 that is coming out!!
Only place we seen a Scarab was in OC this year was probably you. Their was one that was at a lifted dock (red) Very hard to find around where I boat. Have you taken it to the ocean yet?

Jwalk

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Only place we seen a Scarab was in OC this year was probably you. Their was one that was at a lifted dock (red) Very hard to find around where I boat. Have you taken it to the ocean yet?
Probably was me! I take it out in the Ocean all of the time. It handles very well in the Ocean and I have no problems getting through the inlet between OC and Assateague Island. I have seen a new yellow 255 and a now a few 255 Center consoles around OC. Awesome boat and we are so glad we bought it!

Boat~R~US

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Probably was me! I take it out in the Ocean all of the time. It handles very well in the Ocean and I have no problems getting through the inlet between OC and Assateague Island. I have seen a new yellow 255 and a now a few 255 Center consoles around OC. Awesome boat and we are so glad we bought it!
I use mine for a lot of wake surfing on the lake, So only fresh water use for me. We took our jet ski from oc to del ware the one day through that small channel plan to go again. Have fun with your boat