• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Will this truck tow my boat?

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
" title="Atv Pulling 6,000lbs"
One can find videos to justify whatever behavior one wants to justify. Most posts I’ve seen on ATV forums would discourage this practice.

Do you do this with your own ATV’s? I know I’m not gonna f**k up mine. I have a tow vehicle and use it to maneuver my trailers.

There should be a Kawasaki ATV FB group. I would suggest you ask owners of ATV’s like yours what they think about using this ATV to move a 3500 lb. boat around the yard.

Jim

Bottom Bracket

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
One can find videos to justify whatever behavior one wants to justify. Most posts I’ve seen on ATV forums would discourage this practice.

I bet you can't find a yt of an ATV being "f**k up" towing a boat!

Do you do this with your own ATV’s? I know I’m not gonna f**k up mine. I have a tow vehicle and use it to maneuver my trailers.

Nope, I have a Kubota L3800 grandpa tractor for moving stuff.

There should be a Kawasaki ATV FB group. I would suggest you ask owners of ATV’s like yours what they think about using this ATV to move a 3500 lb. boat around the yard.

My quad is a Suzuki, so no help there.

Jim
[/QUOTE]

BB

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Around here guys want to pull their wheelhouse fish houses around the lake to save risk of putting their $70K truck on the ice. They will use either an ATV with a solid rear axle to avoid the tongue weight issue, or use a tongue dolly to get the weight off the atv.

Then it's just a matter of not taxing the CVT harder than it was designed for. Low gear obviously and not going faster than you can stop it. Moving around the yard is a different ask than down the road. So yes, it can be done in many cases.

As far as towing with the tongue jack down, my buddy did that and it caught on something, and ripped the weld right off. So be careful for obvious reasons.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

Jim
There is manufacture recommendations - and then the real world. I would be surprised if moving around the yard had any damaging effects. I see way worse driving down the street and at the boat ramp all the time. 50-100 yards ain't going to hurt anything.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I doubt that weighs 6,000 lbs. 3500 maybe.
Looks like a bayliner 245, dry weight is 5200. Add gear, water, waste, fuel, batteries, trailer, etc., 6,000lbs is about right IMO.

Ohio

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Looks like a bayliner 245, dry weight is 5200. Add gear, water, waste, fuel, batteries, trailer, etc., 6,000lbs is about right IMO.
You think that is a 25' boat? if it is, it probably should have a tandem axle trailer.