• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Will this truck tow my boat?

Just in case I want to pull my 60' yacht...

Not a surprise that these electric vehicles have a lot of torque. This electric F150 was able to pull 1 million pounds. It probably can't do it very long. Will be interesting when these electric trucks actually hit the market.

Such a BS gimmic.

Ford has officially sunk to Toyota”s level with their Space shuttle tow.

Idk I realize this is a marketing gimmick and not really a very useful real world test, I’m willing to bet it was a carefully orchestrated play to the typical truck buyer, that would be normally less likely to embrace electric power than even a normal car or SUV buyer. Ford is generally ahead of the curve (when it comes to domestic automakers), the recent announcements of cancelling most of their car lineup to me indicates they are preparing to go electric, there have already been test trucks running around the streets, and their recent investment in Rivian tells me they’re serious about it.

Please DO NOT buy an electric car or truck. Spread the word to all your friends.
No one wants to plug it in every night. Takes too long. Keep tripping over the damn cord.
Electric cars hurt peoples necks. They'll be visiting the doctors more.
No one wants to be recorded when they get near them. Invasion of privacy.
No one want to run out of power going to work or on a long drive.
Please DO NOT buy an electric car or truck. Spread the word to all your friends.
They're too quick and cause back bumper to fall off.
No one stomach taking corners like it's on rails. You might throw-up.
Damn thing slows down way to fast.
It's got no dials or gauges or a clock!
What the hell is a frunk?
It's got no dip stick, can't check the oil.
My damn insurance went up $200 per year!
I can't find my keys!
I can't find my phone!
Damn wipers come on every time the windshield gets wet.
How do you open the glove box?
Can't get out! Got no door handle.
Cause if you do, the government will find another way to recover loss revenue and tax something else.

Actually the car prefers to update more frequently thru wifi, but it will definitely update via LTE at times, seen it happen personally multiple times. Got my Tesla Model S this year and can't ever see going back to an ICE. And the giant 17" screen with the lack of ugly buttons is just icing on the cake. Driving the Yukon Denali seems like riding a dinosaur now.

Couldn't agree more. I got a Tesla S earlier this year and it 100% changes your perspective on how cars should be designed and what a true smooth ride feels like. A new concept electric truck company that has sparked my interest is the Atlis Motors truck they are currently building a concept model.

Atlis Motor Vehicles - Home of the Atlis XT Electric Pickup Truck

Lol

Has anyone used a ATV to move your boat around the yard? I have a 2011 Brute Force 750 (4x4) and was thinking about using it as a spotter to move the boat around. Just not sure if it would work.

Has anyone used a ATV to move your boat around the yard? I have a 2011 Brute Force 750 (4x4) and was thinking about using it as a spotter to move the boat around. Just not sure if it would work.

Shouldn't be an issue. Anything can tow something - it's stopping that's an issue. Go slow and you will be fine.

As long as it can handle your tongue weight and you don't have any steep hills that you couldn't stop it, you should be fine. Actually I think that, that would be the perfect excuse that I can give the Admiral to buy an ATV, so I can move the boat and they could have more parking :)

I would check the manufacturer specs. Our Polaris Ace 570’s are only rated at 1,500 lbs.

Jim

As long as it can handle your tongue weight and you don't have any steep hills that you couldn't stop it, you should be fine. Actually I think that, that would be the perfect excuse that I can give the Admiral to buy an ATV, so I can move the boat and they could have more parking :)
Yeah, that is a great thought! LOL

Published towing capacity for your ATV appears to be 1,250 lbs. Your boat weighs a lot more than this.

Jim

Published towing capacity for your ATV appears to be 1,250 lbs. Your boat weighs a lot more than this.

Jim

I think he just wants to move it around the drive not tow it anywhere.

Jim
As HangOutdoors stated, I'm just looking at the idea of using it to respot the boat.

You are, of course, free to do whatever you want with your ATV, but I wouldn’t use mine to move such a relatively heavy boat.

Polaris says that my Aces with a 1,500 towing capacity, have a tongue hitch capacity of 150 lbs. I’m guessing the Kawasaki also has a tongue weight capacity of about 10% of the tow capacity, in this case around 125 lbs.

Jim

You are, of course, free to do whatever you want with your ATV, but I wouldn’t use mine to move such a relatively heavy boat.

Hence I indicated as long as it could handle the tongue weight.

In theory you could keep a beefy Jack on the ground which would hold all the weight and just move the boat around keeping it level. The ARK with its dual wheels would be fantastic for this.

I use my canam quad (650) to push my twin jetski trailer around. It squishes the rear suspension down pretty good, but that's OK for around the yard, as long as I keep it under 50mph, lol! Just kidding.

Worst problem for me is backing it in something tight. You have to be looking over your shoulder and try and see around the skis or boat while monkeying around with handle bars to steer. It really be omes awkward. Couple that with a 64 year old neck with fused disc's and the juice ain't worth the squeeze.

Back