• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Windsheild rattle, need to get access to the frame....

jamesk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a rattle that I have tracked down to be comming from the top section of my window. Sounds like the glass is hitting the metal track inside.
It's really bad when I play good bass music.
My guess is this is a "U" shaped aluminum track with 1 or 2 rubber moldings between it and the glass.
Looks like the top track is held in place by 4 or 5 screws (1 is a rivit) where it ends near the window/door.
I would like to fix this rattle but worried about pulling the track off (and the rivit) and not being able to get it back on the glass etc but the rattle is annoying!
Any one have a suggestion?
Thanks! Jim

Attachments

• IMG_7344[1].JPG
    IMG_7344[1].JPG
    477.4 KB · Views: 13
The window glass sits in U shaped rubber seal that sits on the frame. To get access for to the bottom rail, you need to remove the top rail first, followed by the seal, the glass and lower seal. There should not be any rivets, just screws but if you have rivets they are easy to drill out and replace. Good luck.

Maybe sqwart some black silicone in there to stop the rattle?
I would have to drill a hole first, I was worried about breaking the glass with the drill but I am considering that option.

Maybe sqwart some black silicone in there to stop the rattle?
Yes its the top rail I need to access....but thanks for confirming what I thought about the way it is constructed. And I am pretty sure about the rivit. ( the rivit attaches this top rail to a perpendictular rail in the center of the boat where the windshield door closes and rest against/

Back