• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Winter Storage

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was thinking about winter storage this morning, since I want to free up the drive. Found that outdoor storage has trended less expensive. I found a gated outdoor/indoor storage with outdoor parking, gate, security cameras for an 8 x 30' spot which is 5 minutes from my house and has nice access. $51 per month. There is even a security camera on a pole above and behind the boat.

Figured with more cars in the drive now and some landscaping I can be doing, taking her out of the driveway later this fall and winter works great. Plus I can come and go as I please and pull it out anytime.

Went and did the paperwork today so I have my spot locked. Will take the boat out there in a month or so.

Extra Space Storage | Find Secure Self Storage Units Near You

8 x 30' spot

Was reading your post. Is the spot 8ft wide or wider? Thinking you would need 9ft min with a 8’6” beam. 10ft would be ideal to have some wiggle room.

$51/month is very reasonable.

Was reading your post. Is the spot 8ft wide or wider? Thinking you would need 9ft min with a 8’6” beam. 10ft would be ideal to have some wiggle room.

$51/month is very reasonable.
it is along a fence, I asked, width doesn't matter. Figured 8.5 would be tight. So it is parallel along the fence and row between the storage units. Basically perfect. See other boats and trailers there as well. Could put 10' plus width in this spot.

1696096134811.png

They have cameras but how long is the footage saved. Not too long ago there was a post about a stolen boat from a facility like this and the footage cycled over itself. What’s their policy on damage to your property while on site?

They have cameras but how long is the footage saved. Not too long ago there was a post about a stolen boat from a facility like this and the footage cycled over itself. What’s their policy on damage to your property while on site?

Not sure about the camera. I have some pretty solid insurance through AAA, even if boat was stolen or damages I would make it out more than what it is worth. If damage is caused by their negligence than they will cover it. All others are on mine.

there is nothing stored on the boat through the winter, so all they could get is my boat and trailer. Replacement value right now is $57k plus any addons and fishing gear. Figured I would try it and see how it goes. At anytime I can pull it out and put it back in drive. The lease is month to month with no minimum or maximum commitment. If I get my shit together between now and spring I will pour a dedicated boat concrete pad in the back yard with conduit ran from house for electrical. But I need to get around to it.

A nice side perk is the airport is right next to it, and they have serious camera's that can see everything around as well. If it does get stolen, with the inventory surplus and boats everywhere now, it would be easy to replace or upgrade. 2 years ago, it was a different story where by you couldn't even get a boat even if you had an insurance check in hand.

If you don’t want to winterize the boat feel free to store it at my house over the winter. I’ll make sure to keep fresh gas going through it, trailer bearings stay rotated and proper tire air pressure. ?

Well if icould of convinced the family to do a late fall early winter trip to florida I could have left it with you on way back :)

If I get my shit together between now and spring I will pour a dedicated boat concrete pad in the back yard with conduit ran from house for electrical. But I need to get around to it.

I'm a problem solver ??

il_fullxfull.2545146276_j9bz.jpg

Back