• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wish Me Luck!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I knew you wouldn't last long after those recent PMs. Love that boat and color!!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Can't angle it much at all, if you do, it actually gets longer.

But due to framing, off center will gain me 1.5" for the tongue anyway!

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Buying the blue on at Nielsen 's?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
No. Didn't want to pay tax twice and they wouldn't budge on collecting it.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good luck Mel!!!!

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hell I'm excited for you and it's not my boat!! I sure hope it works out for you two, can't wait to see pics!!

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does the 2012 240 have a swing away tongue? Will that save you some room?

Is the deal still working? I have my fingers crossed for you, will be awesome to have you back in the game!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mel never left the game. He just went into coaching... So now he will be a player coach, like Roger Doran...

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The quandary is do I forego shakedown lake check and normal delivery setup to save a grand? Still have to buy fire ext., gas, battery plus all essentials.

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think you can handle that part

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Not worried Bout the "training", just don't want to get home and find issued 5 hours from selling dealer.

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is the dealer near a lake? Can you put her in after the deal is done and do your own shakedown before you drive 5 hours home?

You know, I just realized that we need to figure out how to mount a mini-Big Green Egg on the boats now! :)

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yes, on a lake. Egg on a boat, egg mod!

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@txav8r ... I sure like the lines on those newer boats!! Have you thought of a name for this new rig?

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
SO looking forward to your mod posts if this goes thru for you...good luck.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Sorry for the short posts today. I was in training half a day and driving the rest.

The dealer probably goes over and beyond for maintenance department prep, then the delivery includes lake test and orientation with the purchaser. He knows I don't need the orientation, but as I previously said, I want to know that all systems work as they should before driving 5 hours away. Yes, I can buy battery, extinguisher, and gas. But I really think a boat should be delivered ready to go, less the gas. But I am working at his cost I am sure, so he is looking for ways to minimize losing anything I am sure. I have enjoyed my conversations with them and feel they are a up front dealer, so I don't want to put a negative on any of that. But everything is negotiable. They don't like to charge dealer prep and freight. But you have heard me say 100 times previously (many on the other forum), that you don't get them to waive those just because you don't want to pay them! One way or another, your paying them. Yamaha dealers typically don't like to show a cut on the boat, so they cut other stuff, but the bottom line is they pay it so you pay it. Now, a 2 year old leftover has sat and cost a dealer for that long, and he has to depreciate it somewhat. And honestly, it just isn't worth what the retail was 2 years ago. So...whatever we work out, if we work it out, will have to make sense to both them, and me. But if I buy this boat, you will hear me singing their praises, because I am already liking what I see with them. And honestly, it isn't the cheapest that makes a dealer, it is how he treats his customer at the sale and beyond. For me, getting service ongoing may be a stretch, because it will be 5 hours away.

I am buying the mooring and trailering cover, spare and mount, 4 pack of mae wests, Yamaha coast guard package, and he will be quoting me for the extra 3 years of Y.E.S. But honestly, the only reason in my mind for more than the 2 years it comes with, is for resale. But at about $400/year, is that an expense you would invest in? I will have to buy an anchor...and yes, it will be a box anchor. Now the question is, do I make it or buy one. To make it will cost me more than to buy a Slide Anchor! But I fully expect one of the first mods to be a nest for it...so that it doesn't move in transit. Stereo may have to wait a short while or until the off season, as will lights, but if I have the boat, it will be improved.

Name? Hmm? Maybe..."She Said OK!" I will be thinking about it, that is for sure. Appreciate all the kind words and suggestions too!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I'm jealous.
Hopefully pay off my used 2008 next month.
Would love to get my speedy mind wrapped around those 1.8s

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I may be mistaken but thought the spare and rack was standard equipment on the new boats. They were for sure on 240's with MFI trailers.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I may be mistaken but thought the spare and rack was standard equipment on the new boats. They were for sure on 240's with MFI trailers.
Your absolutely right! I had missed that, but it is on the Yamaha website as standard equipment for the 240! But the '12 does have thrust enhancement, Shorelandr trailer, and the improved oil cooler and bolts I believe. It appears the spare tire is on a tilted mount on the starboard rail of the trailer, is that correct?

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very exciting stuff Mel. . . . . Good Luck.