• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wish Me Luck!

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great news Mel. I hope it works out for you and the wife.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like things are almost back to normal around here!

Hope this works out Mel!

JWPrendergast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
If you need us to "persuade" the dealer, let us know what time he gets off work ;)

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Your absolutely right! I had missed that, but it is on the Yamaha website as standard equipment for the 240! But the '12 does have thrust enhancement, Shorelandr trailer, and the improved oil cooler and bolts I believe. It appears the spare tire is on a tilted mount on the starboard rail of the trailer, is that correct?
Mel, my '12 Shorelander came with a spare and a mount. However, it wasn't mounted by the dealer, so that I could determine if or where I wanted to mount it. I've been told that the '12s do not have the oil cooler bolt issue. Nor does the Shorelander have the bow stop problems. A lot of guys have replaced the roller, but I haven't seen any issues with mine.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Mel, my '12 Shorelander came with a spare and a mount. However, it wasn't mounted by the dealer, so that I could determine if or where I wanted to mount it. I've been told that the '12s do not have the oil cooler bolt issue. Nor does the Shorelander have the bow stop problems. A lot of guys have replaced the roller, but I haven't seen any issues with mine.
My 2013 shorlandr's bow stop definitely moves. I could probably drill a couple holes and stick a bolt through the middle, but I can't bring myself to do that yet. I don't want to weld it because you have to be able to take it off if you want to replace the factory trailer jack.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good luck and based on your discussion I am sure you will get the boat. Being within $1K is basically a done deal! On my 2010 the spare came with the trailer and was mounted on the trailer.

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was thinking of creating an off topic thread for this.. But as a teaser, I'll share some initial research...

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@txav8r looks to me like you are very close to to being the new owner of a Yamaha Jet Boat!!!! WOOT! (except now we won't be able to heckle you LOL) I love the space on the 24s and the lower rumble of the engines. Does that one have the 2 captains seats (that is the deal breaker for my copilot)...

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks guys, I hope it comes together. We shall find out if it happens! Hmm, I see that flag laying there @Julian! I love the red...but the boat is blue, so I am guessing I will be going with the blue on white for a flag. I didn't order one however, who's the flagman, @justason ? Julian, when we bought the Nauti Dawg, we were wanting dual captains chairs, and it was available on earlier models. My wife kind of reluctantly accepted the folding lounger, now she loves it. So selling her on another boat would have been harder, had I not been able to find the yacht blue, which is the only color that comes with the lounger in the SX240 line. And the real issue??? Well, it is Chester! Chester spends his time between rolling on the floor and nestled against whoever is sitting in that lounge seat!

@Yamaha ... ok, I know Yamaha isn't a member directly here but it would be great if they were! But Mother Yamaha, I think making the lounge an option on all 240/242 models would be a good idea. Other than fabric pattern and selection between models, it appears the lounge and dual captain chair are pretty much a swap out item. With a few years of history on sales, don't let the fact that the 242L and LS are so successful fool you, given the choice, many of those boats would be sold with a lounge, as would the other colors of the 240.

Anyway, I will keep you posted on the negotiations!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Like Christmas Eve up in here.. good luck @txav8r . How'd you sleep last night?

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Been away again for a week, but damn things move fast here sometimes! Good luck, Mel - hoping for the best. The universe hasn't seemed right with you boatless...:woot:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Like Christmas Eve up in here.. good luck @txav8r . How'd you sleep last night?
This is a profound question.:yawn: You must be psychic or :greyalien:...because I wash't able to until very very late! I think a nap will be in order before sunset!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Mel....if you need it I have a garage enlarging tool you can borrow!!:winkingthumbsup"

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Well, he moved $450 and left me $550 from what I was willing to spend, said think about it, talk it over, he would sell it at that or not, my choice. Apparently $550 is enough to prevent a sale if I don't want to move to that. I am fully aware it is all about what he has in it, and summer is just starting...but it has been in his inventory for 2 seasons, going into the 3rd. He is willing to sell me all the accessories at a savings, so I guess i could take advantage of that.

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We can have a welcoming party this summer on Ray Roberts. That's worth $500.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Don't be sweating the $550 man, just go get it!

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, he moved $450 and left me $550 from what I was willing to spend, said think about it, talk it over, he would sell it at that or not, my choice. Apparently $550 is enough to prevent a sale if I don't want to move to that. I am fully aware it is all about what he has in it, and summer is just starting...but it has been in his inventory for 2 seasons, going into the 3rd. He is willing to sell me all the accessories at a savings, so I guess i could take advantage of that.
Maybe even suggest you "split the difference" or agree with the caveat you get accessories at his cost...actually he is already "splitting the difference" with you, almost, from your initial $1000 point.....

He gets his price, looks like a tough negotiator for the boss, and you get the difference between a "discount" and his cost.....He loses nothing in that deal, and you get the difference against the $550. Maybe a dozen oil filters a couple cases of spark plugs, and a few gallons of oil at dealer cost?

........ Just thinking outloud here buddy....everything is negotiable to make the bottom line work both of you.....

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't mean to prod you..You are a grown man obviously have been making wise decisions all you life..at least the majority of the time .. But $550 from your top?... Damn man nap time is over...Go get that sucker. You'll spend that much on gas just driving around looking at crappy used boats all summer..This is a new craft... see if he has any extra shipping covers laying around.. he can throw in.They make great winter storage covers..free to him and in the way..You can sell them on here..