• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Would a New Jensen Marine Audio MARC200 Wired Remote work with the MA200 Stereo

fgauthier

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have search the site and could not find this answer. I know the the MA200 use the MAR100 remote but can not find it anywhere. I know the MRC200 and MRC100 has a different connector (Female vs Male) but is anyone have use or found an adapter and would it work?

If not, what other remote control others have used that could work with the MA200 stereo? Thanks

Regards

Francois
Yamaha AR190 2018

Yes, I read this tread and did not find the answer to my questions as I can't purchase the MARC100 anymore. So trying to find out if I can make the MARC200 with my MA200 head unit or if there is another remote that would work.

Maybe I need a new Head unit all together.

Thanks
Francois
Yamaha AR190 2018

Or if someone know where I could get a MARC100 remote, I would appreciate it.
Thanks

Francois
Yamaha AR190 2018

if someone know where I could get a MARC100 remote, I would appreciate it. Thanks

It pays to do multiple google search for the same thing. I finally was able to find a MARC100 wired Control for $18. Can someone tell me what length it came with and if I need an extension, do you have any part number or link or recommendation. Thanks

Francois
Yamaha AR190 2018

It pays to do multiple google search for the same thing. I finally was able to find a MARC100 wired Control for $18. Can someone tell me what length it came with and if I need an extension, do you have any part number or link or recommendation. Thanks

Francois
Yamaha AR190 2018
I think it's 20ft. I have one on the shelf I hope to wire in the spring. I'll go look.

EDIT

Opened mine up and measured. 20ft cable is included.

PXL_20201205_211033804.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. That will work perfectly. Can't wait for next summer :)

Well, back to square one as I placed an order for the remote MARC100 with an unknown vendor TTG one week ago and my order still show pending and the vendor is not responding. They have not charged my credit card yet and are not responding to my email. I am guessing that their website my be king of dormant....
So back to where I started. If anyone know where I could procure the MARC100 remote or have one that they want to sell me, Please let me know

Regards

Francois
AR190 2018

@fgauthier if my experiment this spring doesn't work out I'll send you my spare.

I think this is where I ordered mine from. Still showing stock currently.

Going to attempt to wire two together and plug into a head unit with a custom harness.

Thanks. I saw that one from Marine.com but it days that the product is discontinued and does not give me the ability to order on line. I will try to call them on Monday just in case. I hope you custom harness works. If I read correctly, you are trying to connect 2 remotes to the radio. Hope it works for you.

Or maybe someone was able to make the MARC200 works with the MA200 radio with a special connector. If so, what connector did you use? Thanks

Francois

Well, it might be a little bit more complex to make the MARC200 work with the MA200 radio. I just talked with asa-electronic (Parent company of Jensen, MA and Polk). he confirmed that the MARC100 is an 8 pin connector and the MARC200 is a 5 pin connector. So I am guessing that the communication protocol might be slightly different..... So my search for a new or used MARC100 wired remote continue before I decide to change my radio deck all together.

thanks

Francois
AR190 2018

Back