• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wrapping a hull?

Adubbs76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Has anyone wrapped their whole hull? I was talking to someone yesterday who wanted to buy a 2018 242 but doesn’t like white boats. If you have done it how does it hold up? And what did it cost? Any pictures?

Local vehicle and sign company wrapped a boat from bottom to top for a commercial salt Fishman who runs a show juts and bolts also. When they were wrapping my work truck he said it holds up great and protects the boat (dont have to wax ect)

Thanks for the information I will pass it along. That blue wrap looks amazing.

I’m going on the 2nd year with mine and it has been holding up great. The one downside is that it’s soft, for example I had moored my boat while camping and the waves caused a line imprint from the fenders which are very faint. The other downside is the bow and roller can cause damage to the material so I ordered a bow plate for $30.

Ken Blocks new boat is wrapped. When you say hull, I'm assuming the sides? The sides I'd bet would hold up great the bottom.... not so much.
Screenshot_20180716-222519_Instagram.jpg

I’m going on the 2nd year with mine and it has been holding up great. The one downside is that it’s soft, for example I had moored my boat while camping and the waves caused a line imprint from the fenders which are very faint. The other downside is the bow and roller can cause damage to the material so I ordered a bow plate for $30.
Where did you have the wrap done?

Im local, thanks
It helps if I look at your info! I'm located in Happy Valley a few miles off 205 near the Clackamas Town Center mall, if you interested and want to take a look at mine just let me know.

It helps if I look at your info! I'm located in Happy Valley a few miles off 205 near the Clackamas Town Center mall, if you interested and want to take a look at mine just let me know.
I have a few friends in HV. Where do you usually go? We head to government island pretty often since its only 10 min to the launch after word. And the kids like playong on the sand bars around there. Im not looking for a full wrap, my boat is already blue, i want to remove the stock decals and have something custom made.

I have a few friends in HV. Where do you usually go? We head to government island pretty often since its only 10 min to the launch after word. And the kids like playong on the sand bars around there. Im not looking for a full wrap, my boat is already blue, i want to remove the stock decals and have something custom made.
I normally go out on the Willamette at 10th St in West Linn south of the Oregon City falls. I grew up in Troutdale spent the bulk of my summers on the Columbia out of Roster Rock state park and the ramp off Airport way. I really want to take my daughter out on the Columbia, she loves playing in the sand. Give me a heads up the next time you head out.

I would highly recommend Canby Graphics, mostly you purchased from River City and they are the ones who referred me.

I normally go out on the Willamette at 10th St in West Linn south of the Oregon City falls. I grew up in Troutdale spent the bulk of my summers on the Columbia out of Roster Rock state park and the ramp off Airport way. I really want to take my daughter out on the Columbia, she loves playing in the sand. Give me a heads up the next time you head out.

I would highly recommend Canby Graphics, mostly you purchased from River City and they are the ones who referred me.
We usually go out after work around 4 on the Columbia at the point of government island. We like the south side sand bar on the airport side almost right under the 205 bridge. Its less crowded and a lot shallower off the sandbar. We usually anchor about 30-40ft out because its only knee deep from there in, it doesn't drop off to 20ft deep like the other side. Are kids are 7 and 9

There is the floating bathroom that’s a plus...;)

I would use 303 Aerospace Protectant on the wrap, basically saturating it. It will keep looking like new for much much longer. 303 is just unreal when it comes to protecting vinyl and plastic anything. Keeps plasticizers from leeching out and stops fading.
It is also easy to apply, buy it in a gallon size jug, fill a spray bottle, microfiber towel w/no real buffing.

--

Back