• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

WTF<boat won't start-needs help>

I did the same thing today. I think by no gauges he means the tach LCDs. The LCD screens on the tach don't display anything until the engine starts.

Only in an emergency and they are only capable of a 5 lbs payload so it has to be lite beer.

Seriously though...why would @geiger41 have no lights. The throttle position doesn't affect that. Maybe I read too much into it when he said "No gauge lighting..nothing." Which would lead me to the battery fuses. Yes, great responce time as @Boat Crazy observed. I would still like to see an "on water priority" system in place that would alert the cell phones of those who opted in if at all possible.
Should have said "Display instead of gauge" That's my fault. At the time I meant none of the display would show on the panel after I turned the key. But after the throttle was in neutral and the engine started the displays/digital monitors showed immediately.

@geiger41 I did the same thing the first day out on our boat. Got it all the way to a buddys lake house, had a beer, went to leave and NOTHING. I was like... wonderful. Buddy came over, asked if it was in neutral... Nope. Problem solved! Felt like a turd with a really nice boat, and no clue!
Considering today was the first day I have ever DRIVEN a boat, I guess I cant be too hard on myself. But thanks to all the fellow JBN'ers preventing me from giving the old lady a DDT to relieve some stress !!!!

Back