• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

WTF

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I busted out laughing so hard when the dad says wtf I'm not sure how I would have handled this

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Holly Moley!!!

brockhals

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hell to the NO!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
HOLY CRAP!! How lucky was that little girl that she didn't get bite.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Can anyone identify the type of snake? We all know that any grown man would have bolted, this little girl has some guts.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can anyone identify the type of snake? We all know that any grown man would have bolted, this little girl has some guts.
This is in Michigan. The entire state only has one poisonous snake, the eastern massasauga rattlesnake. Certainly not a rattlesnake. I had to do some research as this is nuts.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This is in Michigan. The entire state only has one poisonous snake, the eastern massasauga rattlesnake. Certainly not a rattlesnake. I had to do some research as this is nuts.
It would still be a painful bite. Lucky girl

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
She was actually giggling while holding the dam thing :eek:, I'm a wimp with snakes and I care who knows it :D.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow I was way off I thought for sure this was going to be in the south. Little girl barefoot tromping on a beaver damn in a jon boat with a life jacket 3 sizes to big and not even fastened correctly I thought for sure if was going to be my home state of SC lol.

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Brown water snake of some type. Very common in Kentucky. Not too bitey, as you can tell.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I woulda grabbed the end of the tail, whipped it in the water, grabbed her and ran like heck as i screamed like little girl!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is how that would have gone with my fam....

Wife and i both freeze for a split second with fear.....

I snatch my kid up so fast the snake and the life jackets stay where they are floating in the air....

Meanwhile my wife abandoned ship and is averaging about 25 mph across the lake...

Then u hear..... BLAM BLAM BLAM........ BLABLBALBALBALBALBALAMMMM. (Tactical reloading) BLAME BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM as I start the boat and drive away with one hand.

An hour later we catch up to the wife who is holding steady at 25 mph down stream!

(Disclaimer... no snakes were hurt in this post. As a matter of fact even if this scenario were real i am farily certain the snake would be ok... I have seen me shoot before.)!

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd have been cowering on the floor of the boat (perhaps curled up in the ski locker) as my wife grabbed the snake and smashed it with a stick.

In college she worked at a girl-scout camp as Waterfront Director. She used to kill every snake that came near the swimming area (there were a lot).

One day one of the women in charge of the place asked her to not kill the snakes because it was "cruel." So the two rather large snakes collected that day were placed in burlap bags and hand-delivered to the woman. The woman nearly passed out at the sight of them and never mentioned the "cruelty" again.