• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

XK Glow (Updated w/pictures)

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Has anyone ever used these products. There kits seem decent. You do not have to do any soldering and all connections and extensions between lights are by simply plugging each extension cord into another. Saving a lot time and hassle. Also if anyone is interested they have a 10percent off coupon code right now advertised on the sight.

www.xkglow.com

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I used a motorcycle kit from them but not a boat kit. They were at a show giving really good discounts so I bought a kit.. they seemed to be good quality, I had them on for 2 seasons then sold the bike. I had no issues at all.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I had them on here, I went with them because of the multiple colors. They had the closest color to the teal color of my bike.IMG_21464008224585.jpeg

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Project done !!!! No soldering just connect and run around the boat. Pictures to come tonight when they are on.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Here are a few pictures. I can have any color you could think of pretty much. I can make individual patterns. It comes preloaded with about 20 holiday color schemes. An android/ios app is available and its pretty damn good. Can go to the beat of music. Tons of other features. Bright as hell. Luckily there is a dim option

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Looks great! Which kit/package did you end up going with?

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

20pc iOS Android Million Color iPhone WiFi App Control 180 LED Marine Boat Neon Accent Light Kit - Xk Carbon Series

It came with 20 led strips that have connections of each end of the strip. Also came with a SHITLOAD or extension wires. Just snap the connections together and run the cords around the boat where you want them. It also comes with a few 1 into 2 splitters. I would recommend taking off your cushions off the inside walls of the boat, then you could just run the cords very easy. I did have to put a couple little wholes behind some of the cushions just to get to another area w/o seeing the wires. VERY easy job, just a little time consuming getting all the placements correct.

And by no means am I a handyman, but this was not bad at all.

OH YEAH, there also is a 10percent off code on there website right now.

Last edited:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Nicely done! How much were they? I think my custom lighting will cost me in the neighborhood of $50. It will be RGB but won't beat to the music unless I spend another $8 for a music controller. I have ordered a 4 zone controller that can control the 4 zones separately or together and that was an additional $75 but I want to try the tech out for what I am doing in the house too, but I may not end up using it in the boat or house, and will just sell it. It is a nice clean unit and can do plenty...it just may be more of what I don't want to do in the boat. I will be doing my 3rd set of LED's in a boat...I have been almost yelling that all of this light is WAY TOO MUCH LIGHT for several years. And I am about to do it again...at least this time, no speaker rings. I will do the cupholders, because I like the effect, and other indirect areas, but your are right, thank god for dimmers! Give us the particulars on your install, total cost with wire, connectors, extras trips to the depot, whatever.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Total price was $215.99. The controller can be up 2 zones. As far as particulars, EVERY piece of equipment/wire you need comes with the package. No additional wire is needed. Also you save tons of time not having to solder any connections. Tools needed for me were a drill, screwdriver, and painters tape. IF you want to hook the power directly to the battery then you will need a few feet of wire to run from the helm to the battery, if you are good with hooking up the power under the helm then you won't. No need for any extra trips to the store due tot he convenience and parts in the package

**Quicktip** Remove all the side cushions beforehand. This will allow you to simply run the wire/LED's very easily. Or you can simply tuck the access wire under these side cushions. (They will not come out due to vibration and bouncing)

20pc iOS Android Million Color iPhone WiFi App Control 180 LED Marine Boat Neon Accent Light Kit - Xk Carbon Series

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That is indeed a well put together system. Because I can tell you all that time soldering and piecing together is a royal PIA! But it is nice to configure exactly how you want it, instead of having to fit a system that is what it is into what you have. And your right about the extra trips to get this, or get that. I do like the wire ran behind the scenes, in loom, and tied appropriately, so that is an advantage I suppose to building your own, but this kit sure beats the hell out of the time and frustration equation! Nicely done!

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yeah the best thing is that there are so many different Y splitters along woth different connection cord lengths you can basically place the strips wherever you want on the boat. I am debating whether or not to get them all over the tower for 4th of July weekend

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I wanted to put lights on the bimini too, but mainly for dining and cleanup duties. Another zone! but it sure could be for festive occasions as well. But the lights under the bimini won't be seen from outside like on the tower.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks great!!

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks great. Any chance you have a close-up of how you mounted some of the light strips?

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is this system waterproof? Connections waterproof?

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Ill get some pics soon. Here is the technical description:

What's Included:
  • - 3M tape & 3M promotor
  • - White wire clips
  • - Waterproof tape
  • - Zip ties

Tech Specs:
  • - Over 80ft(25m) WiFi connection.
  • - LED strips & pods are IP66 waterproof.
  • - light load capacity: Max 100pcs pods/strips.
  • - Currently compatible with iOS & Android device: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android phones

It says there is a 100 strip maximum...lmao I couldn't imagine having a 100 of these things running on anything let alone my boat after what 20 do for it

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Pictures to come:

What's Included:
  • - 3M tape & 3M promotor
  • - White wire clips
  • - Waterproof tape
  • - Zip ties

Tech Specs:
  • - Over 80ft(25m) WiFi connection.
  • - LED strips & pods are IP66 waterproof.
  • - light load capacity: Max 100pcs pods/strips.
  • - Currently compatible with iOS & Android device: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android phones