• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 2021 252XE

gthorson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
It appears that the light in the storage compartment behind the drivers seat under the table area doesn't turn off when the compartment closes. Being raised with boats where battery care was always an issue, I disconnected the light rather than be stranded and put my kids through the same trauma. I know it's like trying to see if the fridge light turns off when its closed but I think it stays on. Anybody know if there is a timer on it? Am I just a doubting Thomas?

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just a thought: put your phone on video, set it in there, close the lid and record for 10 minutes or so. Probably can check your fridge light the same way.

Jeff

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
it shuts off, i thought the same. its just on a long delay.

David.Parrish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
It shuts off after about 10 minutes when the compartment is left open as well. Tested this out the other night when I was bored. Ha!