• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 210 fsh throttle slipping.

Gund128

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello all,
Picked up a new Yamaha 210 fsh. Didn't notice at sea trial, however, after 1 whole day out I've noticed that the port engine throttle slips decreasing rpm in cruise control. My starboard throttle holds fine.

Is there a throttle tension I can fiddle with to tighten it up or would this be best to take back to the dealer.

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There is a cover at the base of the throttle shift levers. Under the cover are friction adjustment screws.
If this isn't clear, let me know and I'll scan the maintenance manual page.

Gund128

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There is a cover at the base of the throttle shift levers. Under the cover are friction adjustment screws.
If this isn't clear, let me know and I'll scan the maintenance manual page.
Thank you so much. That helps a bunch. I can probably figure it out now that I know there is one.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Gund128

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
So I have the 210 FSH and one of the most obvious things is hear with folks is the throttle slipping. Do you guys not use the cruise assist? This is one of Yamahas BEST features. If it still slips when using this feature, then yea you may have a problem. But I use it when I am cruising and it works like a charm. I do experience slight throttle loss if I dont.

Camson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I have the 210 FSH and one of the most obvious things is hear with folks is the throttle slipping. Do you guys not use the cruise assist? This is one of Yamahas BEST features. If it still slips when using this feature, then yea you may have a problem. But I use it when I am cruising and it works like a charm. I do experience slight throttle loss if I dont.
I use it all the time now but did not realize it was there for the first 4 months I had the boat. I just thought that button was for no wake mode. Little did I know. Love it now!

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
When my boat was new the throttle slip was so bad it literally would back itself down off of a plane. Tightening the screws cured the issue.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
When my boat was new the throttle slip was so bad it literally would back itself down off of a plane. Tightening the screws cured the issue.
You followed that link to the other thread?

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You followed that link to the other thread?
Actually no, didn't have to disassemble the whole unit. Just popped off the trim cover and tightened the screws that are intended to be end-user serviceable.

I did also tighten the throttle cables to ensure I can get full RPM out of the engine but that's kind of an unrelated thing.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Actually no, didn't have to disassemble the whole unit. Just popped off the trim cover and tightened the screws that are intended to be end-user serviceable.

I did also tighten the throttle cables to ensure I can get full RPM out of the engine but that's kind of an unrelated thing.
Ahh sweet. I will give that a shot on my throttles. And I’ve tightened my cables in the engine compartment a few times. Still not hitting max rpm. :/

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ahh sweet. I will give that a shot on my throttles. And I’ve tightened my cables in the engine compartment a few times. Still not hitting max rpm. :/
I've not reliably gotten 8K RPM from both either in the 70 hours they've run. Ensure your oil is not overfilled like many have stated before.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've not reliably gotten 8K RPM from both either in the 70 hours they've run. Ensure your oil is not overfilled like many have stated before.
Yea oil seems fine. The only other thing would be change the spark plugs! Make sure they are gapped properly.