• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 212x Stereo

ar240tg

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I could be of some help here, I have an AR240 and I don't have the stock amp but when I took my rear headunit out of the boat the RCA's were clamped off like the picture below. I then called fusion and they gave me the part number to order a new harness that contained normal RCA connections. I for some reason don't have a remote turn on for my fusion so I still need to figure that out but as you can see for some reason yamaha must have cut them off. I tried splicing them into my RCA off my amp but felt more comfortable getting a new harness.

Attachments

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I can do so via the fader control. I have only the sound bar set up on the rear channels, so I can crank that up relative to the interior speakers for watersports. Works ok, but is kind of the cheap way to do it. Because I have a different head unit, I don't have the zones as you do.

The right way to do it is to add an equalizer or zone level controller like the Wet Sounds WS-220 or WS-420. On the other hand, your Fusion head unit with its multiple zone functions might give you all the flexibility you need for what you're trying to do.

Last edited:

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Adding on here rather than creating a new thread... kinda basic question, but does anyone know of a way to lock controls on the swim platform stereo on the 2019 212x without turning the whole system off? It’s a Fusion MS-RA70N model. I looked at the owners manual and couldn’t find anything.

I ask because we had 4 boys between 7 and 10 on the boat this weekend and invariably one of them would bump the dial on the swim platform and blare it at full volume until I could rush to the nearest dial and turn things down. It happened enough that we eventually killed the tunes rather than kill our hearing.

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks! I found it and got one off amazon. I got a chuckle from the first review where the guy said he got it to prevent his kids from bumping the controls constantly.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I can do so via the fader control. I have only the sound bar set up on the rear channels, so I can crank that up relative to the interior speakers for watersports. Works ok, but is kind of the cheap way to do it. Because I have a different head unit, I don't have the zones as you do.

The right way to do it is to add an equalizer or zone level controller like the Wet Sounds WS-220 or WS-420. On the other hand, your Fusion head unit with its multiple zone functions might give you all the flexibility you need for what you're trying to do.
I'm going to go back and read you links to the thread but my '18 242x sound system is killing me.

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm going to go back and read you links to the thread but my '18 242x sound system is killing me.
Good luck and please report back with what you find. I know one member here who had a late '18 242X and his speakers were set up properly, in parallel. It's my sense that some of the earlier model year boats were still in series.

Jeff

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks! I found it and got one off amazon. I got a chuckle from the first review where the guy said he got it to prevent his kids from bumping the controls constantly.
which one did you get? Do you have a link?

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Buckeye Fan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just wanted to check in and see how it was going. About to purchase a 2019 212x and want an awesome sounding stereo. Thinking about adding another hex 6 and rev 10's?

Stevo2435

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Other
I have a 2019 212x also, the stereo actually sounds ok except the base to me is non existent. Has anyone simply replaced the sub or just added another to help. I don’t really want to get into a complete re-wire here.

Thanks!

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a 2019 212x also, the stereo actually sounds ok except the base to me is non existent. Has anyone simply replaced the sub or just added another to help. I don’t really want to get into a complete re-wire here.

Thanks!
Add a separate amp for sub only

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The stock sub is actually quite good from what I've read - the issue is power to drive it. The stock amp is an HTX-6 and they're probably just under-powering the sub. As mentioned, adding an amp for the sub will get it thumping.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The stock sub is actually quite good from what I've read - the issue is power to drive it. The stock amp is an HTX-6 and they're probably just under-powering the sub. As mentioned, adding an amp for the sub will get it thumping.
He's exactly right. It's a wetsounds sub. So it is a great sub. Problem is power. They do indeed run a wetsounds htx6 amp which is plenty capable. Problem is yamaha wires all their speakers to this amp. 6 cabin speakers, tower sound bar, and sub. Many in here have added another htx6 to power sound bar and sub only. Leaving stock amp to power cabin speakers. This gives more power to everything, and adds the kick.

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
He's exactly right. It's a wetsounds sub. So it is a great sub. Problem is power. They do indeed run a wetsounds htx6 amp which is plenty capable. Problem is yamaha wires all their speakers to this amp. 6 cabin speakers, tower sound bar, and sub. Many in here have added another htx6 to power sound bar and sub only. Leaving stock amp to power cabin speakers. This gives more power to everything, and adds the kick.
Anybody done a write up of the amp install with photos? I did a little looking and didn’t find anything.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anybody done a write up of the amp install with photos? I did a little looking and didn’t find anything.
Not sure if anyone has done a write up, but I have read it in here somewhere. Sorry not much help there

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length