• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 255xd ballast issue

teambear0155

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
This is a photo of the center floor ballast. As the ballast is filling, it’s being crushed by the cross brace held onto the hull by the aluminum l-brackets. I can’t reposition the ballast to clear this cross brace because the hosing is too short. Can anyone tell me if this is somehow by design? IMO, the hose is too short and the ballast should be on the free side of this cross brace.
Also, the mesh sitting on top of the ballast serves what purpose?48A938CC-5076-48A8-8E82-B537980E9CBC.jpeg

My bag is able to slide forward to clear that plate. I manually slide it forward before filling. Perhaps you are correct about your hose lengths.

The dealer said that mat is to protect the bag if you store stuff on it while it's empty

My bag is able to slide forward to clear that plate. I manually slide it forward before filling. Perhaps you are correct about your hose lengths.

The dealer said that mat is to protect the bag if you store stuff on it while it's empty
Thank you for the response. I’ll see if I can correct the hose length.

simple fix longer hose, Its also good to have some extra fittings on the boat the 90' hose pieces have had a few reports of breaking

mine is long enough that the bag isnt under that brace. Once filled the brace is there to "contain" the bag .

lol @the mesh - not sure what it does either but mine is still sitting like that. but my bag fits in its hole pretty well

The mesh is what Yamaha provides for all the boats. Typically most don’t have ballast bags so the mesh is like a protective barrier for the gelcoat when you store items in there and allows water to drain off the items. Obviously with a ballast bag the mesh is serving no purpose. You can remove it if you wish.

Obviously with a ballast bag the mesh is serving no purpose. You can remove it if you wish.
I wouldn't say its "serving no purpose". I think it definitely serves a purpose in protecting the ballast bag to an extent. Its not going to protect the bag from something catastrophic but in my boat I keep it on top of the bag so I can throw random (non pointy) things things in there are feel like the bag is fairly safe.

Back