• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Yamaha and the Caribbean

Familyjetboat

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife and I have a 10-15 year plan for selling everything and moving to the Caribbean to retire fairly young. We will be in our mid-50's by then. We have narrowed our search down to about 5 areas. The question I have is does anyone know of any decent representation of Yamaha jet boat's down there? By searching, It seems like there are a decent amount of Yamaha jet ski's in all of the areas, but no jet boats. My opinion on that is because it is not considered a great deep open water boat. I think in terms of reliability they may be a good option. Another concern is finding parts. Opinions?

My first 15 years were in a small city in the Caribbean with fantastic boat life and gorgeous beaches accesible only by boat. Outboards rule. The water is quite corrosive, and inboards were a major hassle. Jet skis were around and did OK, but always would be hauled out. Big Inboards would last only months before the marine life would eat them from the inside. Volvo Penta dual rotation were notorious for major problems and never working reliably long term. Big boats with diesels and Shafts did OK, but complex mechanisms submerged did not.

Depending on where you end up, buy what the locals buy so you can maintain it with parts sourced there. Best of Luck!!

Back