• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha AR192 Suggestions

Squirrel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Just bought a 2013 Yamaha AR192 2013 and wanted to know some good things to do first to the motor/supercharger and boat. I got it from the dealer with 62 hrs on it. It has had the 50hr checkup. I am looking to do something simple first bolt on wise. Ribbon delete and intake. I just don't know what to get as for intake since everything I see is for jet skis. I am going to run it this summer with just the ribbon delete and air intake. The following summer I might want to try the riva 310HP kit.

GreenHulk has a video out about putting a screw in the SC so the plume won't shake loose and damage the internal blades.

As for the Riva 310HP kit. GreenHulk also has an option of just changing out the internal blades and have a boost of 17lbs compared to the 6 or 7 stock. I do want to try and be as reliable as I can but still have some good improvements.

How much play is there in the wheel usually.
Is there is anything that can help with cavitation while turning hard?

Attachments

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
See @SamCF build if you want to really mod the boat and get a lot of power. https://jetboaters.net/threads/sx-192-mods.6550/

You'll want to upgrade the intercooler because the stock one is too small for the job at hand and will lead to heat soak robbing you of power and top end. I have a video and thread on how to upgrade to a larger OEM SVHO intercooler. It's a direct swap and gets rid of the heat soak issues. However if you're wanting to upgrade the supercharger wheel you'll want an even larger aftermarket intercooler like the Fizzle. You'll also want to run maptuner or other tune if you want to make even more power and give yourself a better ceiling to work with.

As for the ribbon delete. If you're planning on staying stock I'm not sure it's worth it for the supercharged boats. It's not as simple to do as the NA guys and I didn't see any speed increase. It did give me more crisp throttle response but just know it's kind of a PITA for little seat of the pants return.

If you're wanting to prolong the supercharger clutch and reduce the wear from shutting off the throttle quickly from WOT then you'll want to get a blowoff valve as this dumps the pressure that otherwise if forced back towards the supercharger once you chop the throttle. RIVA sells a kit with upper hose and HKS SSQV blowoff valve that is a good piece. I ran the same BOV on my turbo car and it works great and has a good sound although I doubt you'd hear it much on the boat.

For cavitation see the Lucky 13 cone threads. Also check the condition of your impeller. Mine doesn't cavitate unless I really try to make it do it.

Last edited:

Squirrel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Thank you. I will run it stock this summer than do the mods the following summer. Since the wheel will require a bigger intercooler, I won't even waste my time spending a $1000 buck on an SVHO cooler since I only see one on eBay for that price. Also can you please link the video to the intercooler.

Thank you

Squirrel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
ok. Just have to call GreenHulk since I can not find them anywhere.

Thank you

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When I say I got mine off greenhulk I mean I bought it through the forums from a member. Not the greenhulk online store. I posted a WTB thread and had a few members contact me ;)

There is a guy who recently commented on my SVHO video the other day that said he has 2 of them for sale on eBay or you can DM him on YouTube. See the David g comment...

image.png

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome!

To my knowledge the SHO engine in the 192 and the SVHO that is found in the FX Skis and AR195's is very similar. I have a FX SVHO ski and the best thing I can recommend off the bat is the blow off valve (BOV) just for added peace of mind. I know that most will say that boats don't undergo the same rapid throttle changes that a ski has but it is still nice to have to help prevent burnout of the supercharger clutch IMO. The upgrade is relatively inexpensive compared to a supercharger clutch replacement.

Squirrel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Thank you, both. Yes, I was going to get a BOV to ease the pressure.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Squirrel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
So I can use that tuner with just the BOV and SVHO and see some pretty decent gains. Maybe 50MPH or just over.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can not speak for how it performs with the boats, but it is a really nice upgrade on the skis. From what I have seen you can get a little more top end out of it (also sets a higher rev limiter) but the biggest improvements are in the mid range and overall throttle response. The nice thing about the tuner is you can continue to tune as you upgrade down the line.

There are a lot of things that effect top speed, you could spend a ton of cash on engine and pump mods to then have the limiting factor be the dirt and grime on the bottom of the hull. I think you will be able to hit 50mph, sounds like a lot of people are able to with the right conditions.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know that @haknslash mentioned it above, but if your looking to get more out of that engine then check out the Maptuner X, this tool is good for both before and after stage 1/2 mods. That with the BOV and SVHO intercooler will probably satisfy you for a while without having to go up to the Riva 310HP kit.

@swatski has a good writeup on it here: https://jetboaters.net/threads/riva-maptuner-x-ecu-reflash-throttle-response-and-speed-control.15799/
You guys with superchargers can do a lot with Maptuner X, and not to mention only need one license!
With N/A engines the reflash gives a really nice power boost too, but the primary benefit is massively improved throttle response.

And yes, with the tuner one can change programs and revert back to stock tune even on the water, takes a couple of minutes if that.

--

Squirrel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Well, have to contact GH and figure out how much money my wife will let me have LOL. Odd how that works when I make the most.