• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Yamaha Extended Warranty from prior owner?

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just received a document from Yamaha that is trying to sell me an extended warranty. It notes that my factory warranty expired on 7/27/19, which was before I bought the boat so I assumed I had no warranty. It then shows Y.E.S. Plan Exp 7/28/2021.

Are these warranties transferable and is it possible I got one from the prior owner, or is this just marketing BS? I bought the boat used through a Yamaha dealer but they also told me the warranty was expired. I've thrown the previous mailers away because I just fix everything myself and didn't want to buy an extended warranty.

I'm having the steering cable issue that several of us have gone through and boy would this be a really welcome surprise if it's covered.

Call up Yamaha Warranty and find out? The warranties are tied to the HIN. The warranties are transferrable, not sure if there is a process or not. Sounds like it was the 1 year factory plus 2 years additional. Perhaps original owner put something on it and dealer didn't know it when they purchased it from them if they weren't the original dealer.

Call up Yamaha Warranty and find out? The warranties are tied to the HIN. The warranties are transferrable, not sure if there is a process or not. Sounds like it was the 1 year factory plus 2 years additional. Perhaps original owner put something on it and dealer didn't know it when they purchased it from them if they weren't the original dealer.
I tried calling Yamaha and they were closed even though their site said open until 5 PDT. I was able to find my ID on there and it looks like I have coverage. I feel like I won the lottery!

Called the dealer. They confirmed I have coverage but won't tell me if steering cables will be covered or not. They want me to leave the boat with them for 2 weeks to look at it.

@HangOutdoors I know you replaced your own but did you try to get yours covered by warranty?

No i didnt try. Dealer couldnt get me in for a few weeks.

I just received a document from Yamaha that is trying to sell me an extended warranty. It notes that my factory warranty expired on 7/27/19, which was before I bought the boat so I assumed I had no warranty. It then shows Y.E.S. Plan Exp 7/28/2021.

Are these warranties transferable and is it possible I got one from the prior owner, or is this just marketing BS? I bought the boat used through a Yamaha dealer but they also told me the warranty was expired. I've thrown the previous mailers away because I just fix everything myself and didn't want to buy an extended warranty.

I'm having the steering cable issue that several of us have gone through and boy would this be a really welcome surprise if it's covered.
I had warranty work done, and the dealer here made it very simple. I bought the boat used, there were about 2 years left on the warranty. I dropped the boat off, gave them the original purchasers name, and that was it. The warranty goes with the boat , is the way it was explained to me.

Good luck with your issue.

Similar happened to me but with O2 sensors. YES expired a month after I bought the boat, luckily they went out with two weeks remaining :)

Steering cables excluded from YES warranty. $1000 estimate for repair from the dealer.
Bullshit! I guess I’ll tackle it this winter.

Back