• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Integrated Chartplotter

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
By chance, does anyone want to explain in a bit more detail about what you did with the card once you removed it? I like the map and use it a lot, but I would love more detail and have a Navionics account. Just don't want to FUBAR my screen by doing something wrong. Is it as simple as using the Navionics Chart Installer and plugging the card into a reader and following instructions?

If it's a 8GB card, I would probably get a larger one and keep the old one as a backup. Anyone know if there's a size limit for the card?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
By chance, does anyone want to explain in a bit more detail about what you did with the card once you removed it? I like the map and use it a lot, but I would love more detail and have a Navionics account. Just don't want to FUBAR my screen by doing something wrong. Is it as simple as using the Navionics Chart Installer and plugging the card into a reader and following instructions?

If it's a 8GB card, I would probably get a larger one and keep the old one as a backup. Anyone know if there's a size limit for the card?
100% that easy. Just load your area instead of world and it gives more detail. Still won't give depths because conext does not support sonar, but detail is better

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
What @Hoyt said - use the chart installer program to download the area you need and update. You have 1 year from the date it is first initialized to add new updates. After that you need to pay for the updates. When you insert the card, the program should find the serial number. I don't think I needed to select Actia as the brand as it seemed to do it for me, but if it asks, just select the plotter type as Actia and select a region. Update away. It took about an hour to download and install my updates, but it was the full Canada region of about 6 gigs of data I believe.

I've done it twice and the maps are perfect for navigating. You won't get the depths in numbers, but stay out of the unknown dark blue areas and you're in more than about 8 feet of water for safety. If you fish and need more detail, then you'll want a plotter with sonar. But if you just to navigate unknown areas and stay out of the shallows, the maps will do nicely.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Can you get more than just your "area" detailed? Like North America by chance instead of the "world"? In the off chance I go to bimini or key west, or any other part of the east coast/country I'd like my maps to work.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Can you get more than just your "area" detailed? Like North America by chance instead of the "world"? In the off chance I go to bimini or key west, or any other part of the east coast/country I'd like my maps to work.

I'm going through the update right now. Bought it for $99 and this is the screen that comes up. I adjusted the area for the southeast but the green Start button wasn't available to press.
1598034345544.png

Clicked the box to update everything, it's the entire USA and Canada. Then I could push Start
1598034110459.png

So... it's updating now. Hope I didn't buy the wrong thing or do something wrong because I have no need for the entire USA and Canada..... Only want the southeast.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm going through the update right now. Bought it for $99 and this is the screen that comes up. I adjusted the area for the southeast but the green Start button wasn't available to press.
View attachment 131046

Clicked the box to update everything, it's the entire USA and Canada. Then I could push Start
View attachment 131045

So... it's updating now. Hope I didn't buy the wrong thing or do something wrong because I have no need for the entire USA and Canada..... Only want the southeast.
4 hours!?! Let me know how it goes. The details would be nice, but mine still lacks point to point nav, which I want.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
4 hours!?! Let me know how it goes. The details would be nice, but mine still lacks point to point nav, which I want.
Mine said something like 3-4 hours too, but it took less than an hour start to finish - download took about 8mins at 120mbps and then half an hour to write to the card. It should have been faster, but I think it writes portions of data and files.

I get what you say about auto-routing...and "heads up" would be nice too. A separate chart plotter or phone app is needed for those. Wasn't it you who was looking at an Axiom 7 to install in your dash?

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
it only took 20-30 minutes, I have Google fiber so downloads are fast. Heading out to the lake after lunch and will try it out. Hope it works!

Attachments

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Post an update. I have been really interested in the functionality of the plotter for when i get my boat. Like to know what i will and wont be able to do with it

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’ll be interested to hear your opinion. I paid the $$$ and did this update on my 2019 242LSE. Honestly, I don’t think it was worth the cost and trouble. There was MAYBE a bit more detail that showed up, I didn’t really notice it though. The actia units can’t read the sonar detail that is available from navionics. Even after the update, I still have my phone with navionics next to the screen, the plus being I can do point and go navigation...

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Mine said something like 3-4 hours too, but it took less than an hour start to finish - download took about 8mins at 120mbps and then half an hour to write to the card. It should have been faster, but I think it writes portions of data and files.

I get what you say about auto-routing...and "heads up" would be nice too. A separate chart plotter or phone app is needed for those. Wasn't it you who was looking at an Axiom 7 to install in your dash?
Yup, that's me. Likely gonna do it in the off-season

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Couple pictures from today.... I noticed a little difference in my lake. Zoomed in on Beaufort NC and there’s a huge difference. Tons of additional detail there. That said, it was very, very slow with all that additional stuff

4D35EB1C-39B1-4024-B92E-5CBE09E8EC86.jpeg9B3C7DD5-B747-4548-9285-CD3D83BB58DF.jpeg

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Could it be slow because you downloaded the whole north america/canada map and not just your region?

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I had no option to install just my area. Only option was to install the USA and Canada. I will say it wasn't as bad on my lake, but out along the coast where there are a ton more points and markers it was a lot slower.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@Shookie Yes I've noticed it's slower too, maybe 1 second screen updates compared to a chartplotter that does 10 updates per second. It also has "hiccups" where the screen jumps back for a second then back to normal, mostly when cruising though, not toodling or floating. I think it all comes down to processing power and the Actia just doesn't have the grunt needed to keep up. I downloaded a template for several 7 inch chartplotters from Garmin, Simrad and Raymarine to see if they will fit with little or no modification behind the helm. I don't mind cutting the dash to fit one, but I don't want to have to modify in behind the helm, at least not major mods.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Could it be slow because you downloaded the whole north america/canada map and not just your region?
For me it was slow without all the extra data, it's even slower now - needs more processing power I'm guessing. While it does work and it is accurate with identical Navionics data, I'd be more comfortable with heads-up. Plus my wife and I find it distracting when it jumps and she has to remember which side of the river/bay/lake is which on the screen. With heads-up like a car GPS, your view ahead is the same on the screen - during a moment of decision like a fast oncoming boat, not having to think about N/E/S/W position on the screen could make the difference between a close call and running aground. I think spending the money on a good chartplotter is money well spent, especially on a $60k boat.
:)

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yup, that's me. Likely gonna do it in the off-season
But, but, I wanted you to do it now so I could see how hard it would be, and how pretty it would look so I could sell the wife on it!
:D

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I guess i will have to wait and see when my boat comes in. Im not sure if there are any differences or improvements on the display for 2021 on the 275 model. I dont have an issue adding a nice garmin but from pictures it doesnt look like there is really a spot for it with that whole floating dash. If its still only north up then that is going to drive me nuts too.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
But, but, I wanted you to do it now so I could see how hard it would be, and how pretty it would look so I could sell the wife on it!
:D
LOL! I should be ordering it here soon in a few weeks.

banchy04

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
For me it added alot more information like channels, buoys, fuel stops, etc etc for my area. The charts that came with my boat were super super basic. Didn't even have different colored water for channels (white is channel BTW) . Now it looks great....
View attachment 121513

Previously it looked like this. Sorry different river though...
View attachment 121514
Do you loose map memory when turning engine off? Mine turns off maps and i loose my routes