• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Jet Boat Mooring Cover Stretched

leyfr01

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Other
I have a Yamaha mooring cover for my 252 SE. It looks like a couple of puddles of water gathered over the captains chair and the passenger seat creating a dips in the cover now. No every time it rains those two dips collect water instead of running off like it used to do. Is there any way to shrink the cover so that those puddle areas go away? The cover fits nice and snug but those 2 dips necessitate me having to crawl under the cover every time it rains. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a Yamaha mooring cover for my 252 SE. It looks like a couple of puddles of water gathered over the captains chair and the passenger seat creating a dips in the cover now. No every time it rains those two dips collect water instead of running off like it used to do. Is there any way to shrink the cover so that those puddle areas go away? The cover fits nice and snug but those 2 dips necessitate me having to crawl under the cover every time it rains. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance
Do you have the anti-pooling poles installed?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
What you can do is 1) install the PITA poles or 2.a) next time it's super hot and sunny out, tighten your cover over your boat and dampen the cover (lightly spray with a hose) to get it to shrink a bit and 2.b) increase the angle of your bow when it's parked. I used a block of wood under my jack and then put the boat up about 2/3 way on the jack. This creates enough vertical on the back end that water will run out of low spots before it pools, even in super heavy down pours.

leyfr01

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Other
Thank you so much for your suggestion. Our boat is on a lift in our marina. I would have to contact the lift manager to alter the tilt to the boat. I do have the poles in it at all times when it's covered. I will certainly give it a spray in the hopes that it shrinks. We are in Florida and the marina is in the sun all day. Thanks again!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Sounds like it wasn't ratcheted all the way down. Tighten the hell out of it and you should be fine.

I had this issue with my bimini collecting water. I tightened the straps and no more issues.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thank you so much for your suggestion. Our boat is on a lift in our marina. I would have to contact the lift manager to alter the tilt to the boat. I do have the poles in it at all times when it's covered. I will certainly give it a spray in the hopes that it shrinks. We are in Florida and the marina is in the sun all day. Thanks again!
If it's in a marina, could you just have them install a cover over your lift?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like it wasn't ratcheted all the way down. Tighten the hell out of it and you should be fine.

I had this issue with my bimini collecting water. I tightened the straps and no more issues.
Agree. Ratchet it down tighter. That should help/solve the issue.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Put a couple Hang Tytes on your cover. No more poles. It’s scary cutting holes in a new cover but well worth it

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
Could try to spray it with 303 Fabric Guard - Restores Water and Stain Repellency To Factory New Levels. Read the instructions, it says not to get on certain types of materials.