• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha noise

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, @JRobChicago if you can ride one, by all means do it before pulling the trigger.
The perception of how loud is loud is going to vary based on prior experience and expectations.
I came into these jet boats strait from several older generation (not the newest Evinrude) 2-stroker O/Bs which are kind of loud. I loved my 2012 SX190. It was not just loud, it was stupid loud.
I don't know how much they have improved the soundproofing in 190s, the new "quiet cruise" 240s have their stern compartments broken up/divided with smaller storage compartments and additional bulkheads, the 190s have a TON of storage but it's also like a huge resonator box.
Most likely you will not mind it too much, and these boats have so many positives it balances out.

--

randykyra

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll share my 2 cents here. I've owned several inboard/outboards, a vdrive mastercraft and a 2013 Yamaha ar190. The yamaha was the newest and I sold it last year. By far the Yamaha was the loudest, and was one of the reasons I sold it. Holding a conversation at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle was near impossibly without having to yell. I'm very curious if the newer twin engine boats have solved this or is it just part of the jet boat? I hope they have, I would consider the twin engine if that was the case.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have an SX210 (twin engine) and don’t feel like I have to yell but talk louder for sure. I think the 24’rs come with a lot of sound proofing in the engine bay. I had mine done aftermarket from the dealer on my 21’r and it helped a lot. It was ready loud stock. The foam in the engine bay helps a lot.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My 242 is definitely quieter at normal cruise (25-30) than was my Four Winns 210.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't find the AR210 as loud as I thought I would after reading some posts here. We still talk at WOT and when I am pulling I can hear my spotter and she can hear me with out overtly yelling. It is definitely the best when the two engine's are at the same RPM and the sound blends into one. It is almost mesmerizing....

Although maybe it would be louder if I could find the 500 RPM's I lost!!! (from another thread).

Levi Weatherford

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
In April I installed a fully integrated ballast system in my 2017 212 Limited S. I had to glue some egg crate foam to the inside of the hull under the back seats to protect the bags from the rub rail screws. That being said, I had a large piece of the foam leftover so I decided to glue it on the underside of the gas tank access lid. My wife and I can really tell a difference cruising down the lake at 35mph. We can actually hear the radio and have a conversation without yelling at each other. I was impressed that just this one panel made a difference.