• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Oil Filter Cross Reference List

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've read a lot of posts about aftermarket oil filters and what fits because I myself was looking for one. I found this site which lists just about every manufacturer out there with a filter that SHOULD fit the 1.8L engines.

http://www.oilfilter-crossreference.com/convert/YAMAHA/69J-13440-01-00

I would prefer to go with Yamaha but I don't want to drive all the way to the dealer and I forgot to order one ahead of time. I am going with the K&N HP-1002 because I know others with the 1.8L have had good luck with it. Hope this help.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have been using the Motorcraft F L -910s for many years. I cover my oil filters with aluminum tape to prevent rust on the crimp, dealers put grease on the crimp for the same reason. The filters are made of steel the crimp is the thinnest area so a small rust hole can cost you an engine.
I know of this happening both on skies and in boats .

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've read a lot of posts about aftermarket oil filters and what fits because I myself was looking for one. I found this site which lists just about every manufacturer out there with a filter that SHOULD fit the 1.8L engines.

http://www.oilfilter-crossreference.com/convert/YAMAHA/69J-13440-01-00

I would prefer to go with Yamaha but I don't want to drive all the way to the dealer and I forgot to order one ahead of time. I am going with the K&N HP-1002 because I know others with the 1.8L have had good luck with it. Hope this help.
I tend to buy the oil/filter change kit that everyone uses from a Yamaha motorcycle/ATV shop/dealer nearby. Same or better price than what I find on Amazon. I was surprised they carry it.

seadude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Been using Purolator 10241's (available in various "grades") for years - commonly available and cheap (no alum tape)!

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I have been using the Motorcraft F L -910s for many years. I cover my oil filters with aluminum tape to prevent rust on the crimp, dealers put grease on the crimp for the same reason. The filters are made of steel the crimp is the thinnest area so a small rust hole can cost you an engine.
same thing I used for my 190 and now 240.

OEM quality & Low price!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
same thing I used for my 190 and now 240.

OEM quality & Low price!
That filter looks good! I think it is actually better than the new OEM, which used to be awesome but is now average at best.
What do you guys use for oil? I'm running yamalube OEM for breakin but plan to switch to amsoil marine, have been using that for a while.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Mobile 1 Synthetic ... went with 0w-30. Theoretically should offer best protection when starting up.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
This oil question can start a big debate , I use any brand name 20/40 oil and I stay away from synthetic but I live in Florida where it gets hot and the water gets up to 90 degrees in the summer , I like real oil for my engines and synthetic for my french-fries.

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yamalube and genuine Yamaha oil filters for me. There is no comparison between aftermarket filters and a Yamaha fleece oil filter IMO. But thanks @d_coyne1984 for putting up the cross reference!

luckie_529

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Currently on amazon they have the Yamalube Oil Change kit for $41 with free shipping. fyi
It say's it's slow shipping, but I order mine Wednesday, and they gave me a USPS tracking yesterday, with this Saturday as the arrival

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005IGS166/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new
Some dealers will do better than 41.00. I go to my local Yamaha dealer and buy this kit. They do not sell boats but they can order Yamaha lube products.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yamalube and genuine Yamaha oil filters for me. There is no comparison between aftermarket filters and a Yamaha fleece oil filter IMO. But thanks @d_coyne1984 for putting up the cross reference!
Mel, you are 100% right. The problem is, the original OEM filters are (almost) impossible to get anymore. The new OEM, same part number, made in Thailand not Japan -- definitely not the same. No more fleece like material :(, which was characteristic of the original and shared with Mercedes OEM parts.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Mel, you are 100% right. The problem is, the original OEM filters are (almost) impossible to get anymore. The new OEM, same part number, made in Thailand not Japan -- definitely not the same. No more fleece like material :(, which was characteristic of the original and shared with Mercedes OEM parts.
If that is true @swatski , I will be looking for a more reasonable price on the best quality I can get. However, if Yamaha has outsourced the filter, and quality, then certainly the better filter isn't needed. I want to verify that, I wasn't aware of it.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can still find the good ones made in Japan, but those must be discontinued and seem increasingly hard to find. I find some local Yamaha ATV dealers still have some holdouts sitting on shelf.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Has anyone cut one of the new ones open, maybe they too are fleece?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have. No fleece.
In a new one - you can see the medium through the holes in the base. Looks like a Fram, lol.