• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Warranty transferrable between USA and Canada?

johnkim

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi,

I'm reading the Yamaha wanrranty info and it appears for 2019+ model, warranty is transferrable between USA and Canada:

Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. and Yamaha Motor Canada, Ltd. ("Yamaha") hereby warrant that new model year 2019 and newer Yamaha Boats ("Yamaha Boat") purchased from an authorized Yamaha Boat Dealer in the 50 U.S. states and Canada and registered for use in the 50 U.S. states and Canada ("Date of Original Purchase") will be free from defects in materials or workmanship for the period of time stated herein, subject to certain stated limitations.

Can anyone confirm?

the boat needs to be inspected by a Yamaha dealer for warranty transfer
Thanks. I'm thinking buying the boat new from a US dealer and ship to Canada since Canadian dealer wants almost $80k for AR250 compare to $60k...

Hi,

I'm reading the Yamaha wanrranty info and it appears for 2019+ model, warranty is transferrable between USA and Canada:

Can anyone confirm?
Hi,

https://www.yamahaboats.com/warranty/#2019-and-newer[/URL Can anyone confirm?

I bought a 195 in 2022 in the US and brought into Canada. There were a couple minor issues and I brought it into a Yamaha Canada dealer. Unfortunately, Yamaha Canada will not fix the issues. I need to bring the boat back into the US if I want it fixed under warranty. I tried reaching out to Yamaha Canada and they also confirmed this. So unfortunately if you have issues you need any warranty work, you need to bring it back into the US. So the warranty is not transferrable.

Back