• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Zup Do More v You Got This board?

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Ronnie very good to note the different styles of boards they have out there. I went with the "You got this" 2.0 board (w/ Zup handle), so I'm hoping it'll fit in the surf rack, but if I have to buy another to fit it not a big deal either. Looks like it would fit based on what I saw of it, I haven't taken it out of the box yet.

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ronnie very good to note the different styles of boards they have out there. I went with the "You got this" 2.0 board (w/ Zup handle), so I'm hoping it'll fit in the surf rack, but if I have to buy another to fit it not a big deal either. Looks like it would fit based on what I saw of it, I haven't taken it out of the box yet.
I have to buy a rack now so let me know if it fits in the surf rack

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
FYI, Overtons sent out a code this morning that will get you 30% off any one items. ZUP boards are eligible. This brings the YouGotThis 2.0 down from 280 to 200.

Use code FEB30 at checkout.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@RightStuff @mattschepker

This huge board (ZUP 2.0) does fit in the surf rack!!
I would not want to cross the Strait of Florida holding it there, but it fits nice and not too snag.
Seems reasonably well balanced.
upload_2018-3-25_22-47-17.png
upload_2018-3-25_22-44-48.png

--

Attachments

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ronnie this thread reminded me you were the first to recommend the ZUP 2.0 here, even before their appearance on "Shark tank"! lol

Big thank you is on order. While I do not tend to use it myself, it is BY FAR the most used/liked board on my boat. Probably by a factor of 10:1 with regards to the runner up - the Hypelite Quad surf board.

It is an absolute blast for the kids and the novice, regardless of their size and age, which is remarkable on it's own.

Kate has thought kids on it, flying in tandem, and my 6yo nephew and 12 and 14yo daughters pretty much don't want to do anything else. The ZUP 2.0 is an remarkably successful design, all aspects of it.

We also appreciate the company support, our board became laden with water (sloshing inside) at some point which I chalked up to super heavy use. Called the company to find out the best way to drain it - their response was: "it shouldn't be doing it; please return the old/water logged board in the same packaging - we are sending you a new one".
Very impressive customer support!

--

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We bought a "You got this" 2.0 board and Zup handle this past winter. It isn't as good a kneeboard as a kneeboard. It isn't as good as a wakeboard. But everyone who has tried it has gotten up, to a standing position, on it.

Fortunately it does just barely fit in the port aft compartment of our 2006 SX210.

My 8 year old son who tried many times last year to use the kneeboard was able to stand up on the first try with the Zup board. It is a big hit and certainly fun to have a new tow toy.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We bought a "You got this" 2.0 board and Zup handle this past winter. It isn't as good a kneeboard as a kneeboard. It isn't as good as a wakeboard. But everyone who has tried it has gotten up, to a standing position, on it.

Fortunately it does just barely fit in the port aft compartment of our 2006 SX210.

My 8 year old son who tried many times last year to use the kneeboard was able to stand up on the first try with the Zup board. It is a big hit and certainly fun to have a new tow toy.
Yep, the lack of a kneeboarding strap (going over your thighs for kneeboarding applications) is a drawback for that.
My daughters also point out that the ZUP 2.0 is better for kneeboarding than the (newer?) versions without those foot holders - as they use those foot holders as knee pads, and that (they say) is much nicer than kneeling on the plastic/rubber surface.

No doubt though that with the enormous versatility of the ZUP come many drawbacks. Like the Yamaha that I use to pull it nowadays, it's a "jack of all trades (and master of none)"!

--

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This seems cool, but i have lots of toys already.
2 adult wakeboards
1 kids wakeboard
2 kneeboards
1 wakeskate
1 trick ski
1 salom ski
1 pair kids skis
1 wakesurfer
1 tube

My kids are almost 6 and 8. Would a zup add utility?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This seems cool, but i have lots of toys already.
Would a zup add utility?
I hate to say it but... yes.
The best feature of the ZUP is the rope double handle functionality. The kids/adults can ride pretty effortlessly (with the rope handle securely latched onto the board) until they decide to grab/release the rope handle.

--

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Black Friday sale is on now. $100 off + free shipping. This will be the centerpiece of my kid's Christmas. Going for the YGT2.0 per the advice in this thread.
Just ordered. YGT2.0 combo $268 total.

Last edited:

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@mdchachi, can you post a link to get the Black Friday special at $268 including shipping for the combo? At the ZUP site it seems to come up 368 plus shipping still.

EDIT: Never mind. Problem was the info for the special wouldn't come up on my phone. Worked fine on the laptop.

@swatski, that picture of it fitting in the Monster swivel rack that I believe is the same as comes on the newer X boats was the clincher for me. Thank you.

Last edited:

wheaties82

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Got the Jobe Stimmel today. Can't wait for the weekend!
How's your experience with the Stimmel? We have a Zup 2.0 board and love it, but find it doesn't track well in the water when riding like a wakeboard. It washes out easily and makes it difficult to do much but straight-line or gradual turns.

Would like something that offers better bite into the water for some carving or cutting. I know zup has the do-more board... But I cannot get the $450 price to digest. Shouldn't be that much for a Zup board with fins.

Enter the Stimmel. It's 1/2 the price of the do-more board, it has fins.... Seems like it checks the boxes but user reviews are non existent.

Can you share your thoughts??