• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2023YM Stop Sale order <Yamaha has STOPPED SELLING non "Drive" boats>

Raylon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Got my recall and my dealer says they can't get me in for a fix until June 28th due to backlog. Don't think I will be able to not use my brand new boat for a month till it gets fixed. What crap timing.

brettmosborn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got my recall and my dealer says they can't get me in for a fix until June 28th due to backlog. Don't think I will be able to not use my brand new boat for a month till it gets fixed. What crap timing.
Do you mean the backlog is due to the part not available or bc your dealer is just backlogged on other work they are doing?

Raylon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Do you mean the backlog is due to the part not available or bc your dealer is just backlogged on other work they are doing?
Backlog due to dealer being busy. The next closest one is like 4 hours away. Looking at that other guys picture the fix is something I can make myself in about an hour, might just do that till I can get it done next month.

Kong26

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I just got my recall in the mail today too. It must be coincidental that I was seeing all over social media new not yet purchased boats getting fixed in the past few weeks and now finally the new already purchased boats are getting their recall notifications. You would think if this was such a serious recall, they would try to get the notifications out right away.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So throw some BIG cable ties in the boat for backup

brettmosborn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I purchased my boat back inApril and the dealer let me keep at marina until ready to pick up. The day I went to get on April 29th is when they found out about recall and ordered part. My dealer has been waiting for 16 days for part and today they said still waiting for Yamaha to ship. Irritating

PJFan1977

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
I purchased my boat back inApril and the dealer let me keep at marina until ready to pick up. The day I went to get on April 29th is when they found out about recall and ordered part. My dealer has been waiting for 16 days for part and today they said still waiting for Yamaha to ship. Irritating
That stinks. My dealer already received the parts and did the install. Taking delivery next week for my 2023 252s. Hope you get better news soon!

Kong26

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
So throw some BIG cable ties in the boat for backup
Now we’re talking! I appreciate the glass half full mentality. I am probably installing your fins this weekend, that shouldn’t impact the recall fix right?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Now we’re talking! I appreciate the glass half full mentality. I am probably installing your fins this weekend, that shouldn’t impact the recall fix right?
it has nothing to do with it apparently is was a manufacturing defect with the helm

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
All kidding aside I just want to remind you that most of my steering systems are adjustable and can be set to work at slow speed only or at all speeds and in varying levels, more importantly I have the MEGA FANG PLUS UPGRADE for my systems and THE AK FANG upgrade . All Fangs are forward leading fins that among other things create a power steering effect so the HELM and CABLES are doing LESS work with less stress so they last longer If you have any of my systems and you want to upgrade them regardless if you have a recalled boat or just want less steering resistance and more steering control there are options available and in most cases the fangs also greatly improve real reverse and backing power as well as stopping power .
mega fang plus has 2 per nozzle

1684679045502.jpeg
AK fangs one per nozzle
1684679274186.jpeg
I also have AK mega fang plus setups with 2 per nozzle for the TIE ROD equipped boats
1684679430972.jpeg

Maslin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had mine done this morning. 2 hour drive to the dealer, dropped off at 9 and done by 9:30. Spent the day shopping and picked the boat up on the way home.

buckeyeblind

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Glad to hear it was a quick fix. My new 222 fsh finally was delivered to my dealer who is 5 hrs away. Dealers close to me did not receive their boats. I had to hunt down a dealer who was getting one in.

Jay R

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had mine done this morning. 2 hour drive to the dealer, dropped off at 9 and done by 9:30. Spent the day shopping and picked the boat up on the way home.
Same. Three hour drive to the dealer, fix was done in 45 minutes. Had it out on the water for the first time the next day.

Tony Prwivo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Just curious ,,did anyone that had the recall fixed ask exactly what was done? I am waiting to bring mine in for the recall and would like to know. Thanx.

Maslin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just curious ,,did anyone that had the recall fixed ask exactly what was done? I am waiting to bring mine in for the recall and would like to know. Thanx.

My before picture and someone else's after from the last page. They're adding the silver bracket to keep the cable/rack in the housing.

Tony Prwivo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

Newjetguy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe I haven’t figured out the search keywords yet but I’m unable to find anything about this. Saw a post in the Yamaha Jetboat owners group that Yamaha has issued a stop sell order for all 23 models (excluding those equipped with Drive) because of an OEM recall for steering cable issues. Issued 4/14/23

Has anyone else heard of this or have any additional information? Just signed the papers on a sx220 on Friday so wondering how long it might be before this gets resolved.

Admin-added text to title

steelhorse454

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
JayAre-
Just ask your dealer about this and if your boat was effected as not all were.
If it was, most likely your dealer already did the fix before putting the boat out for sale if it was one on their lot. If the boat is on order, it should be done before they sell it to you.
Good Luck-
Jim