• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2023YM Stop Sale order <Yamaha has STOPPED SELLING non "Drive" boats>

Maslin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yamaha jet boaters forum has posts of the actual recall, and the the actual fix showing the bracket. I printed a copy for myself yesterday. I believe that we may be on the front and long end of this folks. Hope I'm wrong!

It's posted above as well. Notice the dates and HIN are all XXXX? It's a leaked document from Yamaha, not a letter someone received. My boat could be on the list, I can't find the Primary ID anywhere. Either I'm in the clear, or nothing official has been released by Yamaha.

I get a letter in the mail every month that my Tundra tonneau cover could blow off, there will be a recall someday. My Tundra doesn't even have a tonneau cover. Manufacturers generally over-communicate on these things.

JayAre

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dometic cables are junk anyhow in my opinion. If I had the wherewithal I would swap em out with something better. It is on my list of things to look into.
True! A quick g-search of “dometic recall” brings up a lot of hits on various things they make that they’ve had to recall. Quality Engineers have been a tough role to fill and retain since the pandemic hit.

I have a local guy that I hear can make cables so I may take it there one day and have him make me a new one just in case.
At this point I really want to know which parts on these boats were provided by Dometic so I know the things I need to check on more regularly.

MT FSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I see 2022 FSH 255 listed here, but not seeing 2023 FSH 252 or FSH 255 listed. Not sure if my eyes are working properly. Neither of these are drive I don't think. I thought the drive was the fancy paddle shifters for driving around dock. Feel like people are combining E throttles and Drive, which are two different things. Correct me if I am wrong. Have a new 255 FSH sitting at dealer I waited a year for and got about a 10% price bump from 2022 and now not ever sure if I can go get it..... ugh

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess what also bothers me, because I have nothing else to think about till it gets a bit warmer out, is that if the Rack and Pinion part can pop out, if someone was in tow in tubing or you were picking up a rider there is a potentiality of losing total steering of the boat, even at slow speed this could create a dangerous situation. No steering means you have a rider that could be stranded as well on a busy lake out in the chop. Let alone the fact that you could be trying to dock your boat and lose steering which could damage your boat.

Seen posts on Facebook and other sites that people don't care, they just want to pick up their boat and get it fixed later......... No idea what the probability of it occurring is, but it only needs to happen once and it could be a very bad day.

I am overly cautious on most things.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I guess what also bothers me, because I have nothing else to think about till it gets a bit warmer out, is that if the Rack and Pinion part can pop out, if someone was in tow in tubing or you were picking up a rider there is a potentiality of losing total steering of the boat, even at slow speed this could create a dangerous situation. No steering means you have a rider that could be stranded as well on a busy lake out in the chop. Let alone the fact that you could be trying to dock your boat and lose steering which could damage your boat.

Seen posts on Facebook and other sites that people don't care, they just want to pick up their boat and get it fixed later......... No idea what the probability of it occurring is, but it only needs to happen once and it could be a very bad day.

I am overly cautious on most things.
As long as the engines are running and you have a twin engine jet boat you do have some ability to control the direction of the boat to get back to the dock. On a single engine it is harder to do but it is possible if you have just a bit of ingenuity.
Several years ago my son had an older 2 stroke Yamaha ski that snapped a cable several miles from our launch point I told him to go as straight as possible and when it was off course a lot slow down to an idle and drag one foot in the water to aim the hull in the correct direction again it worked and he made it back with no problem except for the time he tried it on plane and found out why I said slow down to an idle and "THEN" put your foot in the water.

Jay R

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
D4A6124A-279A-44E1-B350-1830732A63D9.jpeg
I checked my Primary ID against the list that was posted earlier. Mine is only 6 digits long where as the IDs on the list are 7 digits. Can anyone make any sense of this?

PJFan1977

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Hey folks, joined this group recently as I purchased a 2023 252s. Can't wait to get it on the water. Just received this update from my dealership this morning...

We finally received approval to order the parts yesterday. I do not know when they will arrive here. We have stopped booking work so we can all jump on the boats to get them done and delivered. I will keep you posted but we now have a light at the end of the tunnel.

steelhorse454

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Jay R. Call your dealer as they should have a list of the boats affected. This is what I did, and mine is on the list. Again, I believe the dealers will take care of the boats on their lot first, then the rest of us. I took delivery of mine back in November, and it still sits in the garage never have been put in the water yet. Who knows when mine will get done. So frustrating. Quality and customer service on anything you buy these days is terrible. Ever since COVID, many things are junk. Example: Purchased a brand new Acura recently, and the quality of that car is no where near the 2003 Acura I still have with 248,000 miles on it...

steelhorse454

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
and the fit and finish on my 2023 Yamaha is not as good as a much older Yamaha my buddy has. Cut corners where you can and charge a premium price...Sorry folks, but I'm pissed as I would be willing to bet more recalls are coming. When your dealer is 3 hours away, not by choice, this really sucks.

kfox112

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My 222S is currently at the dealer for 10 hour service. It'll be two weeks on Monday. I decided to call today to (a) figure out if I'm affected, and (b) ask if they'll be able to perform the fix before they return it to me (they told me to expect a 3 week turn-around).

The service department asked how I learned about the issue and I mentioned this forum. They said they don't have the information yet and don't have a way to check if I'm affected. I asked if it was possible to get my primary ID so I could verify myself, and they said sure, they'd go get it off the boat. Is the primary ID printed on the boat somewhere? It's nowhere in my paperwork; I searched and searched.

Dealer said they've only heard rumors of a recall but nothing official. They are going to call me back. Said they'd see what they can find out. I'm surprised they don't have their thoughts together on this yet...

Jay R

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 222S is currently at the dealer for 10 hour service. It'll be two weeks on Monday. I decided to call today to (a) figure out if I'm affected, and (b) ask if they'll be able to perform the fix before they return it to me (they told me to expect a 3 week turn-around).

The service department asked how I learned about the issue and I mentioned this forum. They said they don't have the information yet and don't have a way to check if I'm affected. I asked if it was possible to get my primary ID so I could verify myself, and they said sure, they'd go get it off the boat. Is the primary ID printed on the boat somewhere? It's nowhere in my paperwork; I searched and searched.

Dealer said they've only heard rumors of a recall but nothing official. They are going to call me back. Said they'd see what they can find out. I'm surprised they don't have their thoughts together on this yet...
My Primary ID was on the back wall of the engine compartment on the port side.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I am surprised your dealer doesn't know.....

Kong26

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I am surprised your dealer doesn't know.....
That’s the part I don’t get. There’re documents that are pretty detailed getting leaked saying don’t drive ur boat. Some dealers hearing from Yamaha nothing to see here only a stop sale out of extra precaution. While some dealers getting the part and fixing and other dealers have never heard about it.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
View attachment 199043
I checked my Primary ID against the list that was posted earlier. Mine is only 6 digits long where as the IDs on the list are 7 digits. Can anyone make any sense of this?
If you have your Certificate of Origin (looks sort of like a Title) from Yamaha, you’ll find the Primary ID No on right hand side.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

If you have your Certificate of Origin (looks sort of like a Title) from Yamaha, you’ll find the Primary ID No on right hand side

buckeyeblind

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
If you have your Certificate of Origin (looks sort of like a Title) from Yamaha, you’ll find the Primary ID No on right hand side
I am so pissed over this whole ordeal with Yamaha hush hush on information. My wife finally gave me the OK to get another boat. I sold my boat 40 years ago before we got married. I have been waiting for my 222 FSH sport to come in, yet mums the word on delivery or cancelation. I have called Yamaha twice, they are saying parts are shipping to dealers for steering and another electronic issue on some boats. They said they are not stopping manufacturing of the boats. They said thing should start moving within a week. Take that with a grain of salt.

bttally

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am so pissed over this whole ordeal with Yamaha hush hush on information. My wife finally gave me the OK to get another boat. I sold my boat 40 years ago before we got married. I have been waiting for my 222 FSH sport to come in, yet mums the word on delivery or cancelation. I have called Yamaha twice, they are saying parts are shipping to dealers for steering and another electronic issue on some boats. They said they are not stopping manufacturing of the boats. They said thing should start moving within a week. Take that with a grain of salt.
Don't give up yet. They started arriving at the dealerships on Thursday. My dealer was given a two week notice in Monday and then it arrived Friday. Basically they are done and just waiting on a ride to their destinations. The dealers are performing the steering fix for the ones that were already complete and wrapped. It is an easy 5 min fix according to my dealer. I ordered the day they were announced and mine arrived yesterday. I haven't officially seen it yet but my dealer says its in great shape. I am picking up this afternoon.

jetezlayz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Just want to post, as an fyi.

We lost our 252SE to a storage fire in March. So that put us back in the market for a 252, two weeks ago we picked up our 23’ 252XE. I figured out the stop sale that evening so I was shocked our boat left the lot. I reached out to our dealer to make sure we didn’t have the steering cable issue. They kept telling us no, we were good. Something still didn’t feel right so I kept pushing them to check. Sure enough two days ago we got notification from the dealer we were on the recall.

Now the only reason I’m posting is to let the people being told no to double check if you took delivery in the last few months. Majority of the dealers really had no clue until this week. That being said our parts are already on order. So now we’ll drive the 6hr round trip to get our brand new boat fixed. 🙄

Just happy we’ll get on the water still this year though!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Don't give up yet. They started arriving at the dealerships on Thursday. My dealer was given a two week notice in Monday and then it arrived Friday. Basically they are done and just waiting on a ride to their destinations. The dealers are performing the steering fix for the ones that were already complete and wrapped. It is an easy 5 min fix according to my dealer. I ordered the day they were announced and mine arrived yesterday. I haven't officially seen it yet but my dealer says its in great shape. I am picking up this afternoon.
Everyone will want to see pics and hear about your impressions in the thread about 2023 222 fsh deliveries.