• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2023YM Stop Sale order <Yamaha has STOPPED SELLING non "Drive" boats>

Stoltzy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I talked to my dealer 2 days ago. He said that they have been getting kits to fix them, and since mine hasn't left the factory yet, it will be fixed before it ships in the next few days.

H20Thrust

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well, I got off the phone earlier with a friend whom is waiting on their 2023 Yamaha Boat. He indicated that he had gotten a call from his dealer that another issue with steering as arisen with the dometic steering cables and it is the second one now, with no ETA on a fix available. I also saw mention of it this evening on two Facebook groups. Can anyone confirm or know anything else about this second issue?
Have you heard any more about this? I can’t find mention anywhere of another issue. Can you point to where you heard this?

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here’s what I received re Dometic steering cable assembly. Can’t pick up the boat til fix is done and dealer says Yamaha is waiting for USCG approval on the fix before it can / will ship the new bracket. Any one have other info?

Well, I got off the phone earlier with a friend whom is waiting on their 2023 Yamaha Boat. He indicated that he had gotten a call from his dealer that another issue with steering as arisen with the dometic steering cables and it is the second one now, with no ETA on a fix available. I also saw mention of it this evening on two Facebook groups. Can anyone confirm or know anything else about this second issue?

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have you heard any more about this? I can’t find mention anywhere of another issue. Can you point to where you heard this?
I have not heard anything else about this, but I have been engrossed in other things. Saw it pop as well in a couple of Yamaha Jet Boaters group on Facebook, briefly mentioned.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here’s what I received re Dometic steering cable assembly. Can’t pick up the boat til fix is done and dealer says Yamaha is waiting for USCG approval on the fix before it can / will ship the new bracket. Any one have other info?
That is fantastic, great information and documentation. If I am reading that diagram correctly, If the rack and pinion piece there came out or popped out at speed you could lose complete control of the watercraft. Steering would cease. Most likely you would just dethrottle or pull the kill switch. But I can see how if you lost full steering and the boat jumped hard to either side it could throw someone out of the driver position and without a kill switch lanyard properly attached It very well could be a very bad day.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks and agree. Would love to hear info that folks get from their dealers / others. First monthly payment goes to Yamaha Finance tomorrow, which doesn’t feel fantastic with no stated timeline on USCG approval and then the fix. Living in the NE, the season is gone before you know it.

JayAre

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There isn’t a new stop sale. Still the same one that came out on the 14th. My dealer informed me our sx220 isn’t on the list so once the new sound system is installed I can go pick it up. Should have it by the weekend.

Maslin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where does one find the "Primary ID"? The numbers don't match anything I have on insurance or registration cards, I don't have the boat at the house to dig into.

JayAre

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where does one find the "Primary ID"? The numbers don't match anything I have on insurance or registration cards, I don't have the boat at the house to dig into.
Mine was printed on the purchase order.

steelhorse454

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm hearing it's all 2023 models except the new " I drive" systems on the larger boats. Took delivery of my 2023 AR195 last November and have not even splashed it yet. Now this....and I'm 3 hours away from my dealer. I feared this exact situation when purchasing re: logistics of warranty and recall stuff getting done...Frustrating!

JayAre

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yamaha’s initial message was that it was all models except Drive equipped boats. Then they were able to determine that only certain boats (identified by the PID) were affected.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dometic cables are junk anyhow in my opinion. If I had the wherewithal I would swap em out with something better. It is on my list of things to look into.

steelhorse454

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's a long list of 2023 Yamahas and mine is on it. Some bracket kit to fix the issue but who knows when. So much for taking the Grand Kids out next month as I'm sure this will take forever to resolve. Yamaha communication with dealers is terrible I'm told.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It's a long list of 2023 Yamahas and mine is on it. Some bracket kit to fix the issue but who knows when. So much for taking the Grand Kids out next month as I'm sure this will take forever to resolve. Yamaha communication with dealers is terrible I'm told.
The kits are available, call your dealer and get it scheduled. Many have already had the fix completed

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The kits are available, call your dealer and get it scheduled. Many have already had the fix completed
Just spoke w my dealer and he said the fix is only available for stern drives at this time. Would love to know what others hear but I like my dealer and I’m guessing they are right.

steelhorse454

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did that, and I'm on a list. I am a customer that has already taken delivery, so my guess is that the unsold boats will get priority so they can move them out....So, I'm not having much faith in a quick resolution. But, I hope you are correct FSH 210 Sport...

steelhorse454

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
and my dealer is one of the largest on the East Coast. Meaning, they carry many brands of boats and have a huge inventory.....This recall is for many brands not just Yamaha.

Kong26

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I talked to my dealer yesterday and they said they talked to Yamaha on Monday and it’s still not a recall, just a stop sale. So I would agree communication is garbage.

Maslin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A stop sale and a recall are related, but they aren’t the same thing. Until the repair is approved and parts are available they won’t issue the recall, the stop sale covers the time until then.

I have not received any communication from Yamaha, not even a “you’re going to have a recall” letter. Either I’m not on the list, or the issue isn’t bad enough to ground sold boats. If I hadn’t seen this thread I wouldn’t know there was an issue.

steelhorse454

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yamaha jet boaters forum has posts of the actual recall, and the the actual fix showing the bracket. I printed a copy for myself yesterday. I believe that we may be on the front and long end of this folks. Hope I'm wrong!