• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2023YM Stop Sale order <Yamaha has STOPPED SELLING non "Drive" boats>

Maslin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
going to pick the boat up in a bit, I’ll track down the number on a 190 and post results. Our boat was the first black ar190 from the dealer, maybe we missed the cut off on the lower end? We can only hope…

Well, I'm in the recall by 20 or so, I'll put a call in to my guy on Monday.

2023 AR190, decal is here:

IMG_1528.jpeg

Steering assembly, there is access to the lower screws through the little vent.

IMG_1531.jpeg

Last edited:

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My dealer told me that his sister dealers up north received three 222 FSH sport/sport Es late last week. He is expecting mine to show up anytime. They are finally being delivered.

bttally

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Don't give up yet. They started arriving at the dealerships on Thursday. My dealer was given a two week notice in Monday and then it arrived Friday. Basically they are done and just waiting on a ride to their destinations. The dealers are performing the steering fix for the ones that were already complete and wrapped. It is an easy 5 min fix according to my dealer. I ordered the day they were announced and mine arrived yesterday. I haven't officially seen it yet but my dealer says its in great shape. I am picking up this afternoon.
Here are my updates and pictures on the other thread.

steelhorse454

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea, like I said, we are all on the front end of this as some dealers are clueless. 6 hour trip for me as well so I hope this is the only 2023 recall.
Yamaha has a great product, it's just a shame that their customer service and communication with their dealers sucks !

Maslin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea, like I said, we are all on the front end of this as some dealers are clueless. 6 hour trip for me as well so I hope this is the only 2023 recall.
Yamaha has a great product, it's just a shame that their customer service and communication with their dealers sucks !

4 hours for me as well. I wish they would just mail me the clip and the 5 minute instructions.

It has to be something that screws on or a new clip to hammer over the end of the shaft. Any source for leaked work instructions or pictures of an updated unit?

steelhorse454

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I asked my dealer if they would just mail me the parts, and they said NO. It had to be done at the dealer....

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am surprised your dealer doesn't know.....
I'm surprised too but my dealer (a salesperson at the dealer) didn't know you could get aluminum trailers with these boats. He was confused and asking me why a dealer would go out of their way to get aluminum when Yamaha offers painted or galvanized.

brettmosborn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone had the actual bracket installed yet at their dealer? Just checking bc my dealer said they are waiting on Yamaha to ship parts. Curious if the parts are even being pushed out yet.

PJFan1977

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Has anyone had the actual bracket installed yet at their dealer? Just checking bc my dealer said they are waiting on Yamaha to ship parts. Curious if the parts are even being pushed out yet.
From my dealership yesterday...

Parts are due in to Marina tomorrow. We are going to start working on them and get them delivered to you and others. I will keep you posted.

Jay R

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone actually gotten a recall notice ?

steelhorse454

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not here. You would think Yamaha would put more priority on this since it is a steering / safety issue, and maybe they are.
Again, I believe the dealers will take care of their inventory/ unsold boats first to get them off the lot and complete a sale.
Who knows when us who already have boats will get called. I'm on a list....

captedit

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I got a call from my dealer earlier today. Recall bracket for the steering cable is installed and I can pick up my 195S tomorrow. The dealer is going to show me the bracket since we have been discussing this for almost a month now. Will post a pic when I can. Glad I waited, he told me he had a couple of buyers back out.

JayAre

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was told early last week that my boat wasn’t on the list, then later told that it was on the list and I’d have to wait another week. Not too thrilled about that but It’s fixed now and I’m scheduled to pick it up in a few hours.

captedit

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Picked her up finally. All in all not bad! Purchased Mar 3rd, delivery was to be April 14th then delayed to today May 12th. Glad I waited!
Here is the picture of the bracket they installed. The dealer told me their priority was new boats on the lot vs. older boats in for the fix. PXL_20230512_225453680.jpgPXL_20230512_225517191.jpgPXL_20230512_230218197.jpg

JayAre

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Picked up my sx220 yesterday. Fix applied and looks exactly like above. Interestingly though I’ve found a brand new airmar transducer in the glove compartment that the dealer didn’t mention. Not sure if that’s a spare or a recommended replacement

Maslin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Picked up my sx220 yesterday. Fix applied and looks exactly like above. Interestingly though I’ve found a brand new airmar transducer in the glove compartment that the dealer didn’t mention. Not sure if that’s a spare or a recommended replacement

My boat came with a second transducer as well.

Nice to see the bracket, looks to be stopping the cable end from coming out of the rack. I'll be sure to check my cable thoroughly in that area and keep an eye on it until I get some (any?) communication from Yamaha or my dealer.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you sure it is a transducer and not a transducer plug? I believe what you are seeing is the blanking plug. Everyone whom has this type should receive one. Yamaha doesn't give out extra's of anything. :)

"That's the blanking plug for the transducer, not the transducer itself. If you need to pull the actual transducer out for whatever reason, you put this plug in it's place so you don't have a hole in your boat. "

Last edited:

JayAre

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are you sure it is a transducer and not a transducer plug? I believe what you are seeing is the blanking plug. Everyone whom has this type should receive one. Yamaha doesn't give out extra's of anything. :)

"That's the blanking plug for the transducer, not the transducer itself. If you need to pull the actual transducer out for whatever reason, you put this plug in it's place so you don't have a hole in your boat. "

This would make much more sense. I haven’t even opened the bag since it was sealed so very well may be.

steelhorse454

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the before and after pictures guys. I'll keep an eye on mine as well. My dealer delivered my boat to me in November and I still have not splashed it yet. Hopeful to do this very soon.