• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Another Clean-Out Plug Thread

gthorson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
I had the boat out this weekend. The cleanouts were plum full of water. I haven't yet applied the bees wax. Any chance the water passing the plugs is overflowing into the storage area, down the drains, and then is pumped out the bilge? Maybe the pesky anchor storage locker drain is getting a worse rap that it deserves?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had the boat out this weekend. The cleanouts were plum full of water. I haven't yet applied the bees wax. Any chance the water passing the plugs is overflowing into the storage area, down the drains, and then is pumped out the bilge? Maybe the pesky anchor storage locker drain is getting a worse rap that it deserves?
I promise you, that anchor locker drain has a well deserved reputation. True, it may not be in every case, but it's definitely one of the first (and easiest) things to check. The drink holders would be the easiest, but least problematic, the cleanout tray would be next, the scupper would follow, the ski locker fitting, and lastly, the rub rail.

The cleanout plugs should be regular maintenance items, with additional attention to details, as they are contributors as well, but you should be touching those at least twice each outing.