• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well I am back on Assateaque with houling winds thunder and lightning so I went out and took some pictures. I know many will not believe this as we are so far north but I saw giant pythons climbing trees. I know I know but here are the photos [flag]

Attachments

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I looked for my favorite slide for about a hour... before I finally spotted it.

What a SOB! lol
1630552242226.jpeg

He is a senior citizen though, so I had to let him have it.
1630552305657.jpeg

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Better on his paw than in his mouth. How much rain did you get down there?
He does that, too. I gave up on retraining him long time ago. He is a sheepdog, they know best, lol.

We got a metric ton of water coming from the sky, quite impressive. There is a lot of flooding around these parts. Hope it will miss you guys.

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It is not predicted to come this far North. A lot of farmers are making hay for the next couple of days, it better not rain.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We went to dinner on a friend's 53 year old catamaran that he is refitting tonight. We took the dinghy from the marina over to his anchorage about a half mile away.
Yes he has his Captain's license.

20210901_235208.jpg

I knew we would be heading back to the marina after dark and the dinghy has no nav. lights on it, so I made a mount for the magnetic Navilight 360, I used on the Yamaha. It worked well. Edit: the original base for the light stayed on the tower tow point of the Yamaha.

20210901_160523.jpg

20210901_160828.jpg

20210902_095813.jpg
The sky looking SW. No filter.
20210901_193952.jpg

Last edited:

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We got a metric ton of water coming from the sky, quite impressive. There is a lot of flooding around these parts. Hope it will miss you guys.

--
[/QUOTE]
our daughter also lives in Jersey She said her town had a lot of water rescues a foot of rain and one of her friends home exploded probably from a gas leak. Be safe

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

--
our daughter also lives in Jersey She said her town had a lot of water rescues a foot of rain and one of her friends home exploded probably from a gas leak. Be safe
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, half of my team got flooded in and couldn't make it to work this morning, it's a disaster. We have been cleaning up since 5am, but we are lucky.

Trying to get to work, will need to find my waders to get out of the neighborhood, lol.

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah, half of my team got flooded in and couldn't make it to work this morning, it's a disaster. We have been cleaning up since 5am, but we are lucky.

Trying to get to work, will need to find my waders to get out of the neighborhood, lol.

--
You know...Pictures, or it did not happen. The waders, shirt and tie in use, LOL.

Last edited:

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

--
[/QUOTE]
One vote against wet slipping your boat. You wouldn't need the waders if you kept her at home!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finishing the clean up.

We are using child labor, lol
1630640236168.jpeg

--

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Getting the pool back in shape had been a priority, it was a mess (after Ida remnants pretty much tried to swamp it) - thank you everyone who offered advice in the "Should I get a boat or a pool" thread, I think I used just about every bit of advice and every method and trick offered, lol.
It worked!

Kate has only one last week left of preparations for her Open Ocean Swim in RI.
She has been training at home for few months - swims on a tether, it's harder than hell, lol.
1630678216479.jpeg

--

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Chill Friday at home