• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wisconsin out-and-about thread

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Post up here where you're gonna be and if you want to meet up with any other jet boaters for a casual get together.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We are heading up to Fremont tomorrow morning and will be passing through Lake Butte Des Morts, Lake Poygan/Winneconne, and into Lake Partridge. The plan is to check out the sandbar/s on Lake Partridge as we've never been there before but anything along the way is possible.

Last edited:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Supposed to be 10 am visitors, and we'll be loading up to come up river, but I expect it to be 11 am or later, and load out closer to 12-12:30.

I'll try to convince everyone to hit the hotel first, and we can bar hop on the way back home. Have yourself set up and ready, good chance for Winnebago Sheriff's to be on the river. Pay attention to the no-wake buoys, and hit me up when you're passing through the no-wake to Winneconne. Even if I'm not awake yet, I'll be up around 10-ish

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
No rain on the forecast all week and somehow a huge storm pops up today and looks like it won’t pass until after 6:00pm - what a kick in the balls. :mad:

But…..did have a drink drinks with @drewkaree and his crew which helped salvage the day. 👍

Last edited:

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Gonna do some gelcoat work Thursday and Friday but should be out all three holiday weekend days. So far things look pretty nice but after the weather debacle last Saturday I'm not gonna trust any forecast until the morning of.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not gonna trust any forecast until the morning of.
🤣🤣

I know, it's terrible, but still kinda funny!

Got storage nailed down, maybe we can fit a color run into the schedule. Nothing else has gone right this year though, so I might need your help drilling some holes in her for insurance purposes 😇

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We didn’t go out on Saturday, was out a bit Sunday afternoon, slept on the boat Sunday night, and was out for a bit on Monday. Looked like a promising weekend but when the wind is blowing out of the N/NE it can be a challenge to find somewhere calm to float.

Probably our last time on the boat for the season - next two weekends are shot due to work and I have to be out of the drystack on 10/1. :-/

Last edited:

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’ll have to boat out tomorrow for about 10 minutes - driving it from the marina to the boat ramp to haul it out of the water and off to the dealer to get winterized. :-/

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@drewkaree : There's a log wedged in the water not too far from you - be careful..........

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@drewkaree : There's a log wedged in the water not too far from you - be careful..........

Just sent it out to all the neighbors too. Good lookin' out!

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I initially thought this was on Poygan so I thought it was much closer to you than it actually is.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I initially thought this was on Poygan so I thought it was much closer to you than it actually is.
The year-rounders are not opposed to heading to Oshkosh for a day trip, lunch and a few beers, and I'm a fan of Fox River Brewing (Fratello's). If that doesn't move, it'll come into play for potential EAA trip, and we were talking of a neighborhood boat caravan over to 'Bago. My BIL's are also moving their campers to Hahn's for seasonal sites, and he's fairly new to the area and not likely to call me before heading out to explore. It'd be nice if they're running a barge to the mouth to continue building up the breakwall to stop and pick that up too, and my neighbor may know someone from Radtke who might just be able to deal with that thing.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Anybody gonna be out and about this weekend? I'm gonna try to get out for this seasons maiden voyage on Saturday and hopefully Sunday.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anybody gonna be out and about this weekend? I'm gonna try to get out for this seasons maiden voyage on Saturday and hopefully Sunday.
*fingers crossed*

Last week never happened, wife character had a friend in the hospital, serious enough for us to stay home. Picking up the boat tomorrow on the way up. If there's no rain and I get the water hooked up Friday, I'll be out and about Saturday. Depends on variables, but I'll text you if we're out. 74 & 75 out!

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
*fingers crossed*

Last week never happened, wife character had a friend in the hospital, serious enough for us to stay home. Picking up the boat tomorrow on the way up. If there's no rain and I get the water hooked up Friday, I'll be out and about Saturday. Depends on variables, but I'll text you if we're out. 74 & 75 out!
Did you get on the water today? We‘re making our maiden voyage tomorrow - looks like it will be a nice day.
Let us know if you want to meet up - I’m guessing we will be up there by 11:00am at the latest.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We had a great day on the water Sunday in Oshkosh - upper 70’s with little wind. Went to Fox River Brewing for a bite and then relaxed at the Sand Pit on Lake Butte des Morts for a few hours.

The upcoming holiday weekend looks great - anyone gonna be on the Lake Winnebago chain?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We had a great day on the water Sunday in Oshkosh - upper 70’s with little wind. Went to Fox River Brewing for a bite and then relaxed at the Sand Pit on Lake Butte des Morts for a few hours.

The upcoming holiday weekend looks great - anyone gonna be on the Lake Winnebago chain?
Phillips, WI for Memorial Day.

Fezzik

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Castle Rock this weekend. Sunday and Monday

TheShreve

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Monday season opener for me. Thinking about going to Castle Rock?

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
A quick run to Fond du Lac yesterday before lunch and then at Streich’s cove all afternoon. Water was a bit cool but warmer than last Sunday and it didn’t keep people from floating around. Wind picked up a little in the afternoon but it was really nice in the cove.

Not sure where we’re gonna go today - maybe to Velvet Beach on the east shore of Winnebago or Waverly Beach on the north shore.