• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

“Who bought the new 2020 AR210”

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Now that’s sexy! Blue looks so clean and sporty. Such a blessing to have these crafts to share with family and friends.
When my kids get older, they won't say, "Hey remember when dad threw all that extra money into his 401K?" No, they'll remember ripping across the lake in a jetboat, surfing, tubing and skiing. They'll have the memories, and that's all that matters to me.

Camxpert

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When my kids get older, they won't say, "Hey remember when dad threw all that extra money into his 401K?" No, they'll remember ripping across the lake in a jetboat, surfing, tubing and skiing. They'll have the memories, and that's all that matters to me.
No lie at all. You hit that on the head!!

AR240THEO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So the Yamaha MSRP does not include “dealer prep” which as I recall is around $1500-$2000. As inconvenient as it might be, you may be able to find a 2019 further north and save yourself a considerable amount. I purchased a 2018 after Labor Day that year, and saved roughly $5000 off MSRP. To me that’s worth a 6 hour drive but everyone values different things. Regardless where you purchase a local dealer will still be able to service it.
I drove 8 hours north and saved $7K on a new 2020 AR240

Attachments

Daren and Heather

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We just signed the sales agreement to purchase our 2020 AR210 yesterday (Feb 20th 2020). Negotiating with the dealer to come down on price WAS very difficult, but my research and persistence paid off. If anyone wants some advice on pricing/options/tactic for buying the AR210, let me know!

Camxpert

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We just signed the sales agreement to purchase our 2020 AR210 yesterday (Feb 20th 2020). Negotiating with the dealer to come down on price WAS very difficult, but my research and persistence paid off. If anyone wants some advice on pricing/options/tactic for buying the AR210, let me know!
I just messaged you.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I’m in central WI, bought a 2020 212S after months of back and forth with various dealers. We should compare war stories...

Jhcb1234

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Did you end up buying the 2020 AR210? If so, how do you like it?

wilsonjason2000

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m going to sign Wednesday. What kind of advice you have?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@wilsonjason2000 I am not sure what leverage you are going to have right now with the dealer, but if I had to ask for something now and do it all over again which I have went through the experience of just purchasing my 2020 AR210 1 month ago and purchasing add-ons, I would have pressed hard for at least more of these items.

1) Mooring Cover - The shipping cover that came with it (Make sure you get this) is cumbersome and just ok. The mooring cover is about $900 and I love it. I can put it on myself, it is light weight, looks great and I can just throw in my hatch/trunk easily. Not so with the shipping cover.
2) Safety Kit - Mine came with Fire Extinguisher, anchor, chain, anchor rope and some boat lines, 4 PFD's and a throw PFD. I suppose they should all come with this but I am unsure. Mine came with this
3) Throw in 10 hour Service and Oil Change, if not deeply discount the kit or the service.
4) Second battery kit and installation.
5) What type of % discount will you get on Items that you purchase through the dealership till the end of the year. Get at least 10% - 25%. I used my discount to buy the Mooring Cover in black.
6) Watersports Tube/Wakeboard and possibly rope, so you can use right away.
7) Additional Watersport Life Jackets or a deep discount on those.

Since you are going to sign/close the paperwork has been drawn up most likely. I am not sure what type of dollar leverage you will have but work the items above. Other members may recommend some other items, but from my own experience I would of started with those above, especially the mooring cover. Even if you can get it half off or something, trust me you will be needing it sooner or later if you store outside or keep on the water in an uncovered slip.

TBH, if you are going to close you may have zero leverage at that time. Also with the shortage of boats I am not sure what leverage any new boat buyers have anymore, so don't beat yourself up if you don't get anything extra. Just enjoy the boat. We do a lot and don't regret it at all.

Daren and Heather

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@wilsonjason2000, in addition to what @HangOutdoors said, assume your boat will NOT have an anchor, mooring cover, fire extinguisher or any other essentials such as lifejackets, lines, or fenders. Mine came with nothing. You should get the shipping cover for free (keep it for only for winter storage), and I would try to negotiate to get the mooring cover for free as well. If all else fails, ask for any Yamaha dealer accessories to be sold to you at dealer cost (which is what I did), and I bought a bunch of stuff including a starter kit, life jackets, ropes, etc at probably a 30-40% reduction.

Also, be prepared for an up-sell at closing time, where they will offer you warranties, and other things you never knew about/planned on purchasing. Do your research before on whether or not you really want to pay thousands extra on a warranty before you walk in.

Also, are you financing or paying cash? If financing, I have some advice on that as well.

wilsonjason2000

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@wilsonjason2000, in addition to what @HangOutdoors said, assume your boat will NOT have an anchor, mooring cover, fire extinguisher or any other essentials such as lifejackets, lines, or fenders. Mine came with nothing. You should get the shipping cover for free (keep it for only for winter storage), and I would try to negotiate to get the mooring cover for free as well. If all else fails, ask for any Yamaha dealer accessories to be sold to you at dealer cost (which is what I did), and I bought a bunch of stuff including a starter kit, life jackets, ropes, etc at probably a 30-40% reduction.

Also, be prepared for an up-sell at closing time, where they will offer you warranties, and other things you never knew about/planned on purchasing. Do your research before on whether or not you really want to pay thousands extra on a warranty before you walk in.

Also, are you financing or paying cash? If financing, I have some advice on that as well.
Thanks for all the advice. I was about to get a mooring cover and a “starter pack”. (4 lifevest,anchor,fire extinguisher). Now just ready to get in the water. Thanks again

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good stuff to get. Also grab a couple of fenders and fender lines. You don't want to nick that new boat. Also a throwable PFD cushion and some rope tied to it in case of emergency. It is the law at least here in Michigan to have it. Some 15' ropes and a longer rope for your launch line. Finally, as soon as you can switch out the stock bow roller immediately with a Stolz bow Roller otherwise you will scratch you bow. You can get here or on Amazon.

Have fun. Remember to read manual and Flush those engines after each run.