• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

07 SX230 Questions

Nsbbum

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have an 07 SX230 that I’m trying to figure out what to do with. The exterior is rough from sitting in the sun. The factory Yamaha covers got destroyed and I can’t find replacements so the interior needs to be replaced now. One of the ignition switches came apart and needs to be replaced. I think the engines have less than 300 hours and run strong. I recently replaced the steering cables with factory ones. My wife and kids and I love the boat but it seems like a lot of money to fix all these things. I had an estimate for $1500 to wet sand the exterior to bring it back to life. I was wondering about the prices to fix all of these things and what it is worth the way that it sits. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have an 07 SX230 that I’m trying to figure out what to do with. The exterior is rough from sitting in the sun. The factory Yamaha covers got destroyed and I can’t find replacements so the interior needs to be replaced now. One of the ignition switches came apart and needs to be replaced. I think the engines have less than 300 hours and run strong. I recently replaced the steering cables with factory ones. My wife and kids and I love the boat but it seems like a lot of money to fix all these things. I had an estimate for $1500 to wet sand the exterior to bring it back to life. I was wondering about the prices to fix all of these things and what it is worth the way that it sits. Any help would be greatly appreciate. Thank you!
Upholstery -> https://jetboaters.net/threads/upholstery.35931/

Ignition switch ->

I suspect that the switch is repairable is it just the nut that secures it into the dash?

I have two friends that looked high and low and snagged 230s of our vintage and at least one maybe both had several sold out from beneath them before they got theirs.

Value? Nada values are way out of whack and high so if you did invest you would likely get a good return on it. Have you seen the prices on the new 21’ or 25’s?

I would fix and keep her if you want to stay with boating especially since the motors are strong with lower hours. Just make sure you change the plugs and the oil (use oem Yamaha oil change kits) and you’ll be good for a long time.

send some pics!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have an 07 SX230 that I’m trying to figure out what to do with. The exterior is rough from sitting in the sun. The factory Yamaha covers got destroyed and I can’t find replacements so the interior needs to be replaced now. One of the ignition switches came apart and needs to be replaced. I think the engines have less than 300 hours and run strong. I recently replaced the steering cables with factory ones. My wife and kids and I love the boat but it seems like a lot of money to fix all these things. I had an estimate for $1500 to wet sand the exterior to bring it back to life. I was wondering about the prices to fix all of these things and what it is worth the way that it sits. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Without pictures it is hard to tell condition. If you have the tools and time, DIY. It took me two days of wetsanding and polishing to restore the shine. This was before I got a rotary variable speed polisher.

20170415_144558.jpg

20170430_102259.jpg

20170525_171920.jpg

It is easy to maintain if you have the right power tools. This is 4 years after wetsanding and polishing with just a touchup of polishing with a rotary polisher.

20210724_175234.jpg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You've got to pay to play,

if it's bringing fun to your family do whatever is needed to keep having fun,

The good part about the bad upholstery, it wasn't because your cover went bad and you were to cheap to replace it, the upholstery was cheap and would have needed to be replaced shortly anyways, but at least now you know the importance of a good cover,

Have you checked you scupper valve yet ? that could sink you in minutes, literally,