• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1.8 svho motor owners beware, intercooler hose

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
was just looking in my engine compartment looking at things, and low and behold my port side engine has one of the hoses going into the intercooler kinked. Basically kinked shut. Wonder how long its been like this. Gonna play around with it tomorrow to see if i can spin or reroute to stop. Seems like the way its routed the weight of the hose is pulling down hard enough it just collapsed the hose. Another lovely find from Yamaha lol.

Slant555

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Can you post a pic?

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
on mine the port motor hose run from the side of the hull where the squirters are, across the ballast tank then drop down under motor. All the weight of the length of hose is pulling down. The hoses loop and lay on the floor on mine for that port motor. Curious to how yours are ran.

Slant555

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I’ll take a look this weekend When I get to the lake....thats definitely restricting flow.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I’ll take a look this weekend When I get to the lake....thats definitely restricting flow.
no doubt. Not sure if its on inlet side or outlet. I think outlet, which in theory should straighten out under pressure...but still isnt right.

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This is interesting as my port engine on my 255XD cuts out from 8000RPM to 6000RPM. They thought it could be cavitation but haven't heard back from them yet. I wonder if this could be my gremlin??
Also, I did notice the hoses were also pinched between the Port Side Ballast Tank and the gunnel....something else to look at!

Keep up the info!! Hope to get mine back this weekend!

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Just watched a guy with a brand new 210 on youtube who had overheating issues do to a hose that was too long from the factory and was kinked. Check all your hoses and clamps folks!

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just watched a guy with a brand new 210 on youtube who had overheating issues do to a hose that was too long from the factory and was kinked. Check all your hoses and clamps folks!
I have commented on every one of his videos damn near telling him to come here to the site. His boat sat at the dealer for a long time for that hose kink

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
This is interesting as my port engine on my 255XD cuts out from 8000RPM to 6000RPM. They thought it could be cavitation but haven't heard back from them yet. I wonder if this could be my gremlin??
Also, I did notice the hoses were also pinched between the Port Side Ballast Tank and the gunnel....something else to look at!

fixed it today after i did my 10hr service. Oil changed and greased the bearings.

I undid the hose and looped it over the top rather than under the motor. Trimmed the compromised piece off and zip tied this hose to something to help keep the loops shape. All is good.

My gunnel is clearanced with a c notch for my 3 pisser hoses on the port side.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

i also had a few issue where i tried to get up outta the hole and the motors wouldnt rev past 5k, like some sorta limiter. No bells or whistles or anything either. Hasnt happened in a few weeks though.

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
i also had a few issue where i tried to get up outta the hole and the motors wouldnt rev past 5k, like some sorta limiter. No bells or whistles or anything either. Hasnt happened in a few weeks though.
Really?? Both Engines? ....Mines at the dealer now. They were thinking it could be manufacturer limited until 10 hours. I have a buddy with the identical boat and never had the issue. Whats weird is its just on the Port engine. I can ease it to about 7400RPM and as soon as the port engine hit 7500 it starts to cut out. It seems fine until I'm Wide open or past 7400RPM. Again the Starboard Engine is perfect.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
im in single lever throttle mode, and it was both. But i never got to 7400 it shut me down right at 5k

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
im in single lever throttle mode, and it was both. But i never got to 7400 it shut me down right at 5k
Ok...think its different. I'm also in Single Lever Mode, Port cuts out, Starboard is fine. Fingers crossed they fix it soon, my wife is starting to enjoy the Pontoon they let me use last weekend!!LOL
Thanks for all your reports, I'll measure my steering and go over it when I get it back.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
here ya go
I went through the whole engine bay and inspected most of the hoses and everything with corrugated split loom. Tried to re-route and isolate the best I could. The corrugated tubing will saw through rubber hoses if not isolated. Here is an example of what I did. There were wiring hoses just laying on exposed areas of the engine that get hot and have sharp edges. SMH

Attachments