• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1.8L Ribbon Delete, part numbers and information listed.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking to do ribbon delete this year. Any vendors willing to put one together. people may also be interested in the flame arrestor filters. Just an idea.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would like to do this for my ar240 and also my FZS

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The RIVA intake kits are only like $40-50 a piece, but the filters are a lot more, maybe @ISLANDRACING can help.

--

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Geez mine just came in the mail yesterday. Oh well, I'll eat this one I suppose. This is wrong thread but after I confirm all my led setup, I think the company I got them from would be interested in doing group buys. I will post up my truck and boat pics when all is completed.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is the sleeve really a must when removing the ribbon? I still need to remove mine, but I was wondering if anyone did any tests with and without a sleeve like RIVA makes to see if the performance is any different? I can certainly see from a flow efficient standpoint how a sleeve could improve airflow after removing the ribbon and rubber gasket but is it worth the price is my question?

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
you are DELETING something, you don't need to BUY anything!

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Undo

remove

Done :)

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Is the sleeve really a must when removing the ribbon? I still need to remove mine, but I was wondering if anyone did any tests with and without a sleeve like RIVA makes to see if the performance is any different? I can certainly see from a flow efficient standpoint how a sleeve could improve airflow after removing the ribbon and rubber gasket but is it worth the price is my question?
my only guess is the turbulence it causes. if its smoother you may get better airflow but by how much? I'm content with 56mph :D

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe the sleeve that is used to replace the ribbon keeps the air flow smooth. Without it is turbulent.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I read somewhere someone used a piece of pvc (smoothed the edges) to make there own sleve after they removed the ribbon.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I understand the sleeve. I'm just wondering if anyone tried a ribbon delete both without and with the sleeve and if there was a notable difference. For science!

Jaime

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I will be doing this on my 242 Limited SE and post the results here.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I read somewhere someone used a piece of pvc (smoothed the edges) to make there own sleve after they removed the ribbon.
I remember reading this too. The distortion temperature for PVC (<200 degrees F) is relatively low so using PVC makes me very nervous. Now it is probably very unlikely that where the sleeve sits that it gets that hot with the incoming air blowing over it, but I would definitely go out on the water, run your engine hard for a hour, and measure the the temperature of that area with a heat gun before trying to save $40 while risking a $10k engine rebuild if the PVC gets sucked in.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REINSTALL THE BLACK RUBBER BUSHING FROM THE FLAME ARRESTOR. There was a gentleman on here big enough to swallow his pride and shared the results of this destroying his engine.. I would hate to hear of this happening to someone else after this has already been tested.

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I remember reading this too. The distortion temperature for PVC (<200 degrees F) is relatively low so using PVC makes me very nervous. Now it is probably very unlikely that where the sleeve sits that it gets that hot with the incoming air blowing over it, but I would definitely go out on the water, run your engine hard for a hour, and measure the the temperature of that area with a heat gun before trying to save $40 while risking a $10k engine rebuild if the PVC gets sucked in.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REINSTALL THE BLACK RUBBER BUSHING FROM THE FLAME ARRESTOR. There was a gentleman on here big enough to swallow his pride and shared the results of this destroying his engine.. I would hate to hear of this happening to someone else after this has already been tested.
Actually the rubber bushing does go back in - around the RIVA new kit sleeve/ring, but yes it should not be reinstalled without the riva ring/kit. With the new kit it is fine.

--

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea what the guy who grenaded his motor did was reinstall the rubber gasket by itself without the ribbon. It got sucked in the motor because nothing was preventing the gasket from collapsing and it puked itself.

You reuse the rubber gasket with the RIVA sleeve.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Crlos16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score