• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1.8L Ribbon Delete, part numbers and information listed.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Screw it... I went ahead and ordered one:winkingthumbsup". Shipping prices are steep from RIVA but whatcha gonna do

Boating season starts tomorrow [flag]so I might as well get some parts here before it gets too hot to even want to work on it :nailbiting::D

Attachments

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So far after installing mine, I just don't know if I can tell a difference yet. But I've only been out twice and had people with me so couldn't really self test properly. I do like that it feels like more hump out the hole tho. I'm getting close to 7700 RPM WOT. 7650 is normally consistent at WOT for me now. To be honest I have no idea what I was getting before as I guess I never paid attention. I thought it was around 7500 lol. I'm sure overtime I'll appreciate it more.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So far after installing mine, I just don't know if I can tell a difference yet. But I've only been out twice and had people with me so couldn't really self test properly. I do like that it feels like more hump out the hole tho. I'm getting close to 7700 RPM WOT. 7650 is normally consistent at WOT for me now. To be honest I have no idea what I was getting before as I guess I never paid attention. I thought it was around 7500 lol. I'm sure overtime I'll appreciate it more.
C'mon @FloJet , now you need to put it back in to give us a baseline! :D

But seriously, sounds about right, a 200RPM gain is typical.

--

ISLANDRACING

Jet Boat Addict
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Screw it... I went ahead and ordered one:winkingthumbsup". Shipping prices are steep from RIVA but whatcha gonna do

Boating season starts tomorrow [flag]so I might as well get some parts here before it gets too hot to even want to work on it :nailbiting::D

ISLAND RACING had them in stock, and could have shipped them in a flat rate envelope. We usually stock the Worx because they are actually a few $ cheaper. but can get pretty much any companies ring.. and they ALL do the same thing.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Are you volunteering to do a group buy for us @ISLANDRACING ? ;)

I could be interested in 3 of them.

ISLANDRACING

Jet Boat Addict
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Are you volunteering to do a group buy for us @ISLANDRACING ? ;)

I could be interested in 3 of them.
The last time we ever tried to do a group buy for something, we got like 60 "yes's" and only 10 actual "buy's"..and 50 parts on the shelf. That was definately one of those "never again" times.
I will look into it a little more though and see if we buy a larger amount and get a better break we can pass along the savings.
Dont forget people, were talking about a 38$ part here. there isnt a whole lot of markup as it is.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The last time we ever tried to do a group buy for something, we got like 60 "yes's" and only 10 actual "buy's"..and 50 parts on the shelf. That was definately one of those "never again" times.
I will look into it a little more though and see if we buy a larger amount and get a better break we can pass along the savings.
Dont forget people, were talking about a 38$ part here. there isnt a whole lot of markup as it is.
I can totally understand all the extra aggravation fo a few bucks profit.
I have had plenty of people want me to do side mechanic work at home like simple oil changes on their cars and they dont understand i would have to charge them more than anyone else to even make 10 bucks and thats not worth it for the aggravation

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im counting a "possible" 8 so far.....
Sorry but i just ordered 2 for the boat. Gonna wait on my ski since its harder to do and i am quite happy with its performance right now

Didnt see them on your site. Or i would have ordered from u

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
RIVA sleeve showed up today! I'm hoping to find time to install it before I take the boat out again. Will report back on the differences.

Attachments

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
RIVA sleeve showed up today! I'm hoping to find time to install it before I take the boat out again. Will report back on the differences.
Sweet if you see an increase I will order one!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The last time we ever tried to do a group buy for something, we got like 60 "yes's" and only 10 actual "buy's"..and 50 parts on the shelf
There have been several successful group buys through this forum. Often the vendor does not order the items until all the orders are paid. Some delay in shipping is acceptable since we are getting a discount.

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So for my boat, I would need 2? I was already interested in doing this mod, especially if we get a discount through a group buy. Otherwise I was just going to do the ribbon delete and ignore the sleeve.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would put the sleeve back in with the rubber. I believe it creates a tight seal. For $80 for both sleeves, I would do it for peace of mind of nothing going wrong later on. Just my honest opinion on that. But we all have our own taste.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Otherwise I was just going to do the ribbon delete and ignore the sleeve.
I thought about doing that but figured for 35 a piece plus 7 bucks shipping it was worth it. I havent seen any result differences with or without sleeves.
I figured since it is after the throttle body its better not to disturb the air flow into the intake. Example ported heads flow better than non ported......just sayin'

ISLANDRACING

Jet Boat Addict
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We just added the AQUASPORT ring to our site: So far at 35$ these are the lowest price ones available. I installed one of these the other day in a SVHO that we're building and the quality is EXCELLENT. I will be placing a stocking order for these this coming week. We'll do an "APRIL Special" for JETBOATERS.NET members who are reading this post. Mention "RIBBON DELETE POST" when placing the order and well adjust the price to 32$ (Aquasport ring only ). Im trying here guys,,,, Maybe we'll sell a dozen then possibly be able to go get a 6-pack after work with the profit.:D

Attachments

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We just added the AQUASPORT ring to our site: So far at 35$ these are the lowest price ones available. I installed one of these the other day in a SVHO that we're building and the quality is EXCELLENT. I will be placing a stocking order for these this coming week. We'll do an "APRIL Special" for JETBOATERS.NET members who are reading this post. Mention "RIBBON DELETE POST" when placing the order and well adjust the price to 32$ (Aquasport ring only ). Im trying here guys,,,, Maybe we'll sell a dozen then possibly be able to go get a 6-pack after work with the profit.:D
Yup thats the ones i got.

Are the sleeves for a 15 FZS svho different?

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just sent an order in for 2. Was going to remove the arestors anyways because I'm at 1600 feet of elevation and barely hit 7000 RPMs last season. Hope this helps break 50 MPH finally.