• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1.8L Ribbon Delete, part numbers and information listed.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What boat was he running 56 in. I can see a 212 doing 56 but not a 242 with that bimini
Since his profile says a 2018 242 limited s e series now.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What boat was he running 56 in. I can see a 212 doing 56 but not a 242 with that bimini
I think these claims are kind of funny. Can those go 56mph? sure. I have.
check post #19 I think, there:
https://jetboaters.net/threads/looking-for-yami-jet-boat.16795/#post-290174
I even showed a video clip!!
BUT - that does NOT make my boat a 56mph boat. I still say - 48-50mph top speed, 56mph can happen, is not sustainable.

--

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That was in his SX240 and it would always hit over 50's. His boat was not stripped down either (plenty of gear and stuff) but it was a non-tower SX so I guess that saves a hundred lbs or so + aerodynamics. His boat was fast! Not sure why it says he has a boat. I saw him last weekend and he said boating was furthest from his mind lol.

Mohamed Z Sherif

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Check to see which emission model you have? I've heard those have lower speeds than the normal emission engines. So many factors in why you are only getting 45 mph at best. Is your Bimini top up while on the move? Windy conditions? More details would help.
3 star emission. Bimini up with 3 adults and 3 kids. heard ill get more once she gets a few hours on it. i was happy cruising at 30mph but would like to know if i open her up that she will give me what shes suppose to

jgpncll

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Which ribbon delete on my 2017 AR 190 should I order?

MBrown

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has anyone removed the ribbon on the 2018 SVHO? I have a 2018 SX195 and I am wondering if the benefits are worth it.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Has anyone removed the ribbon on the 2018 SVHO? I have a 2018 SX195 and I am wondering if the benefits are worth it.
Not sure on the SVHO as it might be more beneficial since you're pushing more boost than us SHO guys, but for me I didn't see any speed improvements. It improves throttle response for sure. It's a pain in the ass to change and if I could do it over again I wouldn't bother with it. Seems to help the NA guys more than stock boosted SHO guys. Might be different for SVHO since you're higher boost but who knows. Have to remove your intake manifold and you'll likely develop some new curse words along the way.

MBrown

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not sure on the SVHO as it might be more beneficial since you're pushing more boost than us SHO guys, but for me I didn't see any speed improvements. It improves throttle response for sure. It's a pain in the ass to change and if I could do it over again I wouldn't bother with it. Seems to help the NA guys more than stock boosted SHO guys. Might be different for SVHO since you're higher boost but who knows. Have to remove your intake manifold and you'll likely develop some new curse words along the way.
Thanks, that’s kind of what I thought. Also with the plastic intake manifold, I guess I need a hole saw to get the ribbon out.

MBrown

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maybe I’ll make it one of my winter projects. The ribbon delete and L13 Cone along with some tunnel smoothing.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

MBrown

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do I have to do the BOV if I do the ribbon delete?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nah not required at all but it's recommended if you want to add longevity to the supercharger clutch. It's not so much of an issue with the boats as it is with the PWC's since they are in and out of the air or shutting off the throttle from WOT much more often than boat owners would ever likely be doing. It is a nice mod to add if you just want to be safe. I'm just mindful never to really shutoff the throttle from doing any speed runs and always gradually roll off throttle. I was just providing the link in case you were going to splurge on the RIVA store and give you a heads up how they are tapping the new plastic manifold ;)

Last edited:

MBrown

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nah not required at all but it's recommended if you want to add longevity to the supercharger clutch. It's not so much of an issue with the boats as it is with the PWC's since they are in and out of the air or shutting off the throttle from WOT much more often than boat owners would likely be doing. It is a nice mod to add if you just want to be safe. I'm just mindful never to really shutoff the throttle from doing any speed runs and always gradually roll off throttle. I was just proving the link in case you were going to splurge on the RIVA store and give you a heads up how they are tapping the new plastic manifold ;)
Lol, got it. It doesn’t take long to spend a decent amount of money there. I would eventually like to do the delete, L13 Cone and maybe Stage 1 stock tune. Just having a hard time spending $1,100 + on Maptuner.

HARY5150

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dan you have the 6BH ribbon which is the large. We have the WORX RIBBON REMOVER listed on our site on the 240 page. As part of the April Special, Mention this post and we can do 10% off the WORX ring
Are you still offering discount?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do they make the ribbon delete for a 18 ar240. I’m not seeing anything on it

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same as all the other models I believe

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I used the AquaSport YH16002 on my 1.8Ls and they will also fit your 2018 AR240 . Others make them but don't know their part numbers.
Do they make the ribbon delete for a 18 ar240. I’m not seeing anything on it