• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome and we will have another person that can help with the LS/LX line of boats. By the look of your Ski's you will take this LS to the extreme.

Your jet ski's are great and that is exactly the setup that I would want along with a boat. Jet Ski's are a sport

I am looking forward to your updates

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats on the boat!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Damn Dan! Hope all my excitement didn't drag you into the game! But it sounds like you found a bargain and can keep or flip easily! You may find that going on the boat, with the cooler, food, friends, etc., is more fun than the skis...well, it will have more of a group atmosphere at least! Congrats and look forward to seeing you spit shine her! The boat Dan, the boat!;)

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@SuperJetDan One thing with the radio when you do get it working, The radio on my XR would cut out at higher volume like the batteries were not charged and this was not the case. I ran a bigger power and ground wire and this fixed my issue. I am making you aware of this because we were on the sand bar last year and seen another LS2000 and he actually had the same issue. I told him what I did to fix it but haven't seen him again to see if that fixed his issue.

I also have a cheap way to make an air/fuel separator if that becomes an issue. :D

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dan, what is the status of the oil injection system on your LS2000?

I like the oil injection system and would just change the hoses if they feel old, brittle or tight.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Nice!!! You should feel like the hard ass negotiator that you are.. Not dirty...OWN IT!!! good job!!! I think you could double that, or at least really close...:winkingthumbsup"

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That is preventative maintenance!!

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider , could you elaborate on the air / fuel separator please??

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
The Power of Magic Erasers & Simple Green, going to need a bunch of them to make the upholstery look like new, here is a pic of the start of cleaning:

View attachment 4939
I found out by accident, rubbing alcohol And a microfiber rag, will clean the cushions to an unreal state.. I spilled a little on a cushion that I already cleaned, wiped it off to a stunningly bright white, then use your protectant of choice... Just try it on a spot, you will be amazed..

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Ok, I picked her up for $4000.00, I feel a bit dirty that I bought it that cheap.
Hey nothing wrong with getting a lil dirty!!!lol Congratulations!! Have fun playing and spending:winkingthumbsup"

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats Dan! LOVE that boat!

When and where are we meeting up to sea-trial her? =)

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I have a stuck/frozen clean out plug on the starboard side, I have done the ice trick for an hour, nothing, currently have it soaking in straight vinegar, if that does not do the trick then tomorrow I will soak it in penetrating oil. Puppy is in there good.

Positive side she is detailing up nicely, spent about 5 hours today and probably have another full day to get her looking like new.
@SuperJetDan, I don't suppose the previous owner used a pin fix on the plugs did he?

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not normally the jealous type, but I'M JEALOUS. I have a great boat now, but I wouldn't mind having a fun sports car like the LS200o for such a steal :D

Drive it like you stole it Dan, because you did! :winkingthumbsup"

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
So I have a stuck/frozen clean out plug on the starboard side, I have done the ice trick for an hour, nothing, currently have it soaking in straight vinegar, if that does not do the trick then tomorrow I will soak it in penetrating oil. Puppy is in there good.

Positive side she is detailing up nicely, spent about 5 hours today and probably have another full day to get her looking like new.
I had one stuck also, I used the end of a ratchet strap, a jack handle wraped the strap around the handle and pried up on the plug ,popped out with a little force...

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This has a Kenwood in it right now, I am going to check the wiring/fuses, etc - I think it may be fixable and the previous owner never cared to fix it.
I have an extra detachable face marine radio from the Sea-Doo I just junked. . . . I'll gift it to you for the price of a JetBoaters.net sticker and actual shipping cost if you need it. = )

JM

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I parked my boat under my deck then attached the hook end of a 800# ratchet strap to the handle on the plug and the other end to the deck. I slowly ratcheted to add tension until the plug came out.

You could put your front end loader over the plug and do the same.