• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

16 AR192 or 15 AR192?

Yamanator

Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So I'm interested in a few AR192's and I thought I read that the 2016's don't have any issues with the heat soak? But 2015's might? Is that correct?

Any other differences between the two years other than graphics?

Thanks for any responses. Feel free to throw out any other words of wisdom as well.

REM835

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
The 2015 and 2016 have the same inter cooler so will have the same heat soak problem. That was diminished in the 2017+ 195. Your better off with the 2016 if it has the upgraded timing chain.

Yamanator

Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The 2015 and 2016 have the same inter cooler so will have the same heat soak problem. That was diminished in the 2017+ 195. Your better off with the 2016 if it has the upgraded timing chain.
I don't think it does unless it comes standard. The one i'm looking at is pretty much stock. Any other differences?

REM835

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
The upgraded timing chains came in engines produced after 7/15 if I remember correctly. Need to confirm on the actual engine and not just year of boat. @swatski or @haknslash can probably confirm better than me. Also try doing a search on here about timing chain issues. I don’t know if it is that huge of a concern but it seemed the supercharged 1.8 was more susceptible to a failure. By no means am I trying to talk you out of an AR192. I love mine.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Where do you boat? If you are in the northern part of the country, heat soak will probably not be much of an issue for you. I never noticed it on mine in MN, but I upgraded anyway, lol! Doing an intercooler swap is also pretty simple if you are mechanically inclined. Riva Motorsports usually sells a batch of SVHO intercoolers for a very reasonable price every year. They I think I paid between $200-300 for mine. They are pulled from brand new Yamaha skis that they buy and upgrade.

Yamanator

Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm in upstate NY, so def on the colder side of the spectrum.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm in upstate NY, so def on the colder side of the spectrum.
Yeah, I think you would rarely notice. The only time I think I saw any performance dip was when running hard when the water temps were pushing 80 which doesnt typically happen for very long here.

Yamanator

Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah for sure. It's been 40's and 50's at night here pretty steady so I'm not sure if we would hit that. Thanks for the info.