• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

'18 242x E and surfpoint not all it should be

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
On the '18 242x e with the surfpoint the nozzles are aligned toed in. They slightly point in towards each other at about 12* angle. So as you turn one nozzle will be at a 24* angle where the other is at 0*. It feels like it has no power in the turns. Also only seeing 43mph but did see 46mph on glass 4 ppl and full of gas. I'm coming from a '98 Exciter 270hp. Next year I plan on playing around with the aliment and see how it might change the handling

Tms1224

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Wow that’s low mph! I have a 18 242E best I’ve hit is 50 mph. Is the 43 mph with full ballast bags ? ..

Last edited:

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
i hit 48 new, yesterday i was only able to get 45..... lately only 45. the 242x seems to be a bit pig-ish...but...45 aint a pig. more like a turbo bacon. i think the 242x should get a few more mph...

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Nope no ballast full fuel and 4 adults

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you are boating at altitude (I.e., a mile or so up), expect to lose 10 mph on the top end acceleration is noticeably slower as well compared to performance at sea level.

Tms1224

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Do you trailer the boat or keep docked ? The reason I ask is there seems to be all kinds of ways these boats take on water, have you pulled the drain plug lately ?.. maybe you have an extra load of water you’ve been carrying around.

Mohamed Z Sherif

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
18 242x also didn't get full speed mid 40s. boat should give me another 5 mph easy and I'm not in high altitude

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Temperature and humidity have big impacts as well. At 60 degrees and less than 50 percent humidity I get 50 mph. At 90 degrees and 70 percent humidity 47 is it all else being equal.