• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

19’ WakeBooster

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The question is probably better stated as which to get first. I am OK spending money on it for surfing at this point because this is the best bot for the money that can fit in our garage. A couple thousand I can justify for the fun and memories we’re making with our family on the water.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The question is probably better stated as which to get first. I am OK spending money on it for surfing at this point because this is the best bot for the money that can fit in our garage. A couple thousand I can justify for the fun and memories we’re making with our family on the water.

What to buy first would be ballest. 650 pound bag on swim deck (on surf side) I think I read your already have that , another 200-400 on rear port seat (people work better), and a ride steady type system to control speed (can be done without, but need familiar driver).
There is no replacement for displacement as they say. The Yamaha ballest system is two bags one for each side which will sink the whole swim deck. To surf you'll need it on one side or the other. I'm sure that's where their wake shaper comes into play. If you watch Will Owens surf video on a 19' though you'll see ballest is key.

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
What to buy first would be ballest. 650 pound bag on swim deck (on surf side) , another 200-400 on rear port seat (people work better), and a ride steady type system to control speed (can be done without, but need familiar driver).
There is no replacement for displacement as they say. The Yamaha ballest system is two bags one for each side which will sink the whole swim deck. To surf you'll need it on one side or the other. I'm sure that's where their wake shaper comes into play. If you watch Will Owens surf video on a 19' though you'll see ballest is key.
Yeah, the swim deck bag was our upgrade last year. This spring we upgraded the stereo and got a new board already. I may just go with RideSteady this summer and let someone else be the beta tester for the wake booster. The RideSteady is already a known improvement which is worth the price of admission.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah, the swim deck bag was our upgrade last year. This spring we upgraded the stereo and got a new board already. I may just go with RideSteady this summer and let someone else be the beta tester for the wake booster. The RideSteady is already a known improvement which is worth the price of admission.
Ridesteady won't disappoint for sure. It's on my list eventually, but my list is long for a 2020 😂😂😂

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I am picking mine up from the dealer tomorrow. I suspect it will be June though before we will be able to test it out.

Update: I have it but it was missing a strap so I will have to figure that out or make my own. I don't like that the bracket to attach to the ballast tanks use wood screws. I am probably going to replace them with flat screws so I can use washers/nuts to spread out the pressure on the fiberglass. I may have my dealership complete this task when they do my 50 hour service. Will see. It will be interesting to see where people find the best place to put the brackets.

Last edited:

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just following up now that the weather is getting better. Anyone tried one of these out on a 19' yet to see how it performs?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Edward on Facebook has it for his 195S. He loves it. Not sure if he's on the forum or not though. Probably is just can't remember his handle

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just following up now that the weather is getting better. Anyone tried one of these out on a 19' yet to see how it performs?
Edward on Facebook has it for his 195S. He loves it. Not sure if he's on the forum or not though. Probably is just can't remember his handle
Edward is a real nice guy, I'm not sure he's in here either. He purchased the Coaster his son is riding from me and we had a good chat. I'm sure he's open to discussion about it. I grabbed a couple screenshots.
Screenshot_20200505-115043_Facebook-01.jpeg
Screenshot_20200505-115156_Facebook-01.jpeg

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Ah cool, i'm not a member of that group, sent in a request to join. I just bought that same board from you in December, looks like a good wave behind that boat. I'm hoping someone will do a before/after so we can see some type of side by side comparison.

Wright2e

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yes I have it and love it. Continue to dial it in but my son was able to surf on the wave this past weekend and it was his first time ever on surfing. Makes a larger and cleaner wave IMO. Still plan to shift the weight around more but happy overall.

Wright2e

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I will also say I bought a board from J-RAD and was super happy with it. Great board and very versatile and a good price. Best part was the boys were able to get up on it first day.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Wright2e = Edward from Facebook

Glad to see you here!

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There he is.

I wish I could buy just the shaper

Wright2e

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
There he is.

I wish I could buy just the shaper
I would agree. Reality is I would rather have a custom sac on that side that stepped down on the transom and was more around 700 lbs. but all in all works pretty well.