• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

190/192/195 Speeds and Mods

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
2017 AR 195 90hrs.
Ribbon Delete, K&N CAI Filter, Engine Breather Filter, Lucky 13 Cone, Stock Boost, Stock Impeller
Lucky 13 cone (No Spacers)
Air temp 40f, Water temp 48f.
50.8GPS. RPMs: 7,650
Reduced Cavitation at WOT on hole shot.
Use 91 Octane
Full tank, 1 adult, 200 lbs gear, no wind, calm water conditions

2nd test
Same conditions
Lucky 13 cone (All 3 Spacers installed)
50.0 GPS, RPMs: 7,600
Zero cavitation at WOT on hole shot.
The boat just launched.

@SamCF I was very surprised with the listed mod's that I didn't see any increase in speed. Before running a tune, I have been thinking about changing out the impeller. However I will be primarily using the boat for wake surfing and that is the main reason I got the lucky 13, was to reduce cavitation while loaded down with ballast. Thoughts?
Your RPM looks good. It is possible that you are bumping the rev limiter. I would try with a light load, and all weight out of the Bow. You should have picked up 2 mph with those mods.

ukeconomics

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2014 AR192 that was topping out at 25mph (used a speedometer app and calibrated with my vehicle for accuracy) and 6800rpm this past Saturday. I had 4 adults, 3 children, 1/4 tanking gas, bimini top up. From all the forums I’ve read I should be in the 48+mph range and 7800+ rpm.

On Monday I changed the plugs, cleaned the hull. With just me, full tank of gas, Bimini top put away I hit 7000rpm briefly then back down to 6800/6900. Top speed was 36mph. Water temp is 83 and air temp was 81.

So, better performance but a lot of variables have changed. Something is still not right!

Any other ideas? Impeller and housing?

recon701

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
On Monday I changed the plugs, cleaned the hull. With just me, full tank of gas, Bimini top put away I hit 7000rpm briefly then back down to 6800/6900. Top speed was 36mph. Water temp is 83 and air temp was 81.
What elevation are you boating at? Something is still off.

ukeconomics

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In Indiana, 715 feet elevation.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
19 sx190, Stock except fins, 800 ft AMSL, 2 adults +dog, half tank, standard load
41-42 mph, air 70, water 53
38-39 mph, air 89, water 82

Top speed is fine for local lake. But I hold everybody back on Lake Cumberland when traveling to 76 falls and other places on lake. Anyway to use spacers on cone to easily change emphasis between top speed and hole shot? S couple of MPH would be nice.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyway to use spacers on cone to easily change emphasis between top speed and hole shot? S couple of MPH would be nice.
In two words: unfortunately no.

I love the L13, it is very effective in making the pump work more efficiently and really helps the hole shot especially in single engine yammies. However, changing/adjusting spacers needs to be done along w/ “massaging” impeller trailing edge pitch, adjusting RPM limiter, and porting Venturi nozzle opening - in order to make any substantial changes. Even then top speed gains are marginal at best.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
19 sx190, Stock except fins, 800 ft AMSL, 2 adults +dog, half tank, standard load

Top speed is fine for local lake. But I hold everybody back on Lake Cumberland when traveling to 76 falls and other places on lake. Anyway to use spacers on cone to easily change emphasis between top speed and hole shot? S couple of MPH would be nice.
Using all 3 spacers will help with hole shot and pretty much eliminate all cavitation. The additional spacers will drop your overall RPM's 50-100 and reduce overall top speed by .5-1 mph.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Do the ribbon delete, and seal the intake tunnel, and keep people/pets out of the bow. With the L13 and those mods, I can sustain 40mph all day on my '17 AR190 (same hull, engine, and pump) with a similar load. People in the bow absolutely KILL the speed. Two adults in the bow will drop my top speed into the high 30's, move them to the stern and I'm back in the 41-42mph range.

LX210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Posting in the right thread this time....
Just a quick report back after my long weekend trip to Lake Norris TN. The Maptuner X and cold air intake definitely made a huge difference on the holeshot and through mid range. I didnt see a huge difference on top speed but my RPM's never reached the 8100RPM tune that I had loaded so I started messing with the shims on the Lucky 13 cone. Got the RPM's up to 7600RPM @ 48MPH but could not get RPMS to the 8100RPM. Short of the 50MPH I was shooting for but a great step in the right direction.

Only myself on the boat, 3/4 tank of fuel and a little bit of gear.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Posting in the right thread this time....
Just a quick report back after my long weekend trip to Lake Norris TN. The Maptuner X and cold air intake definitely made a huge difference on the holeshot and through mid range. I didnt see a huge difference on top speed but my RPM's never reached the 8100RPM tune that I had loaded so I started messing with the shims on the Lucky 13 cone. Got the RPM's up to 7600RPM @ 48MPH but could not get RPMS to the 8100RPM. Short of the 50MPH I was shooting for but a great step in the right direction.

Only myself on the boat, 3/4 tank of fuel and a little bit of gear.
What elevation are you at? I have a 2017 AR195, I run all 3 spacers at 7,550 and hit 50 mph at sea level. Also have you done the ribbon delete?

LX210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
What elevation are you at? I have a 2017 AR195, I run all 3 spacers at 7,550 and hit 50 mph at sea level. Also have you done the ribbon delete?
I have not done the ribbon delete, heard it was a pain with little gain. Heard the 2019 has to be cut out of the intake so I didn't see the need to do that. I am typically around 900ft elevation. I think I will go back to all 3 spacers as it seemed to be the best balance.

Do you have a tuner on your boat?

LX210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just as a side note, I am looking at 212's now. My buddy just got one and I was pretty impressed with the turning capability...no cavitation at all no matter how hard I turned it.

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally took a few minutes this past weekend for a top speed run. I believe conditions were optimal. Put the boat in at the ramp in OC at 67th st Friday at about 10:30PM, water was flat with a few ripples, air temp was 78 degrees and water temp was 81 degrees. Quarter tank of fuel and myself in the boat so load was minimal. Garmin clocked me at 45 a few times but it did hover around 44.5-44.9 mph. For a bone stock sx 190, you can't ask for more.
Want to see if the local yammie dealer in Berlin offers flashes and what the damage would be to get a few hundred more rpms.

With a kid on the way, hard to justify "several hundred" for a flash for a boat that does everything we want.

@LX210 I'm with you on the 21 footers. I'd like a little more length for some of the chop, and a little extra "leg room" for the kid, dog, wife and RTIC :cool:

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Not many modded boats yet, but it seems there is a lot of interest and questions about what to do for more power and speed.

To copy an idea from Greenhulk, let's post our speeds and Mods as a reference for people looking for info. I know a lot will be repetitive, like intercooler and ribbon delete, but it will answer the question for many people that ask if it is worth it.

Format:
GPS speed @ rpm, Screen name, year/model, tune/stock ECU, supercharger wheel, Intercooler, impeller make and pitch,
passengers and gear, air temp, water temp, elevation, hours/failures with these mods.

Keep it simple so the info is easy to find.
62.1 mph @ 8450, @Smitty78 (2018 SX195)
Maptuner X with Stage 1+ tune, ET-17 Supercharger wheel, Fizzle Y-1000 intercooler w/HKS BOV, Solas 13/18 impeller w/WetWolf Adjust-a-Thrust, 2 passengers w/150 pounds of gear, 80 degrees, water temp 79 degrees, 200 feet above sea level, and 🤞no failures.

4C44F821-721C-4BCA-9826-A1985096ACA4.jpeg

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
62.1 mph @ 8450, @Smitty78 (2018 SX195)
Maptuner X with Stage 1+ tune, ET-17 Supercharger wheel, Fizzle Y-1000 intercooler w/HKS BOV, Solas 13/18 impeller w/WetWolf Adjust-a-Thrust, 2 passengers w/150 pounds of gear, 80 degrees, water temp 79 degrees, 200 feet above sea level, and 🤞no failures.

View attachment 103716
Really good numbers. That wheel is good for high rpm. A lot left in that setup.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys just bought a 2015 AR 192 wondering if just a flash tune will get me better acceleration..? I know from reading all the posts that most of you do multiple modifications it’s just that I’m not interested in more speed just better acceleration wondering if a riva mod x is my answer?

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I would do the fizzle factory or Riva intercooler first. Fizzle factory is great if you’re just doing lakes and rivers like I do and isn’t good in the salt water because it doesn’t have a flush port. The Riva one has a flush port, but they both need a blow off valve. It’s very easy to do the intercooler and blowoff valve. The biggest issue your engine suffers from is heat soak. I would do that first because your boat will run better overall with increased acceleration and higher top speed.

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Hey guys just bought a 2015 AR 192 wondering if just a flash tune will get me better acceleration..? I know from reading all the posts that most of you do multiple modifications it’s just that I’m not interested in more speed just better acceleration wondering if a riva mod x is my answer?
I also just bought a 2015 AR192 and finished off some mods this week. I did the SVHO intercooler, Ribbon delete,K&N filter, and a catch can. Before the mods I managed to hit 40mph (I am at 3500 elevation). Just yesterday I managed 44mph after the mods and the acceleration is vastly improved. Off idle it’s like a whole new boat, really angry.

I was only getting 7100rpm max and so I pulled the spark plugs and all 4 were gapped out of spec, so I put in fresh and we will see if that changes anything, it would be nice to get to 7500rpm like most of the sea level boats mange to get.

hope that helps,

Smitty78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I also just bought a 2015 AR192 and finished off some mods this week. I did the SVHO intercooler, Ribbon delete,K&N filter, and a catch can. Before the mods I managed to hit 40mph (I am at 3500 elevation). Just yesterday I managed 44mph after the mods and the acceleration is vastly improved. Off idle it’s like a whole new boat, really angry.

I was only getting 7100rpm max and so I pulled the spark plugs and all 4 were gapped out of spec, so I put in fresh and we will see if that changes anything, it would be nice to get to 7500rpm like most of the sea level boats mange to get.

hope that helps,
Now that you’ve done the intercooler your boat with benefit greatly from not getting heat soak. You’ll be able to squeeze a few more mph with some impeller work.