• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

195s CONNEXT screen “LOCKED”

Steele1731

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Wondering if anyone ever had this issue.... the source screen on the connext screen is showing these little lock icons. I can’t switch sources or control the volume. I can use the fusion-link app to connect via Bluetooth and control volume that way but it’s kinda annoying.
we did add a second battery... wonder if some setting was changed...?
I’ve tried turning batteries off and doing a factory reset on the connext screen, no luck.

I’v61D8FC93-34D0-4E85-B2FA-6681982F9C7C.jpeg

Make sure someone didn't hit the power button on the head unit back on the rear deck.

Wondering if anyone ever had this issue.... the source screen on the connext screen is showing these little lock icons. I can’t switch sources or control the volume. I can use the fusion-link app to connect via Bluetooth and control volume that way but it’s kinda annoying.
I’ve tried turning batteries off and doing a factory reset on the connext screen, no luck.

I’vView attachment 151242
For 5 million i can give you control back!

Make sure someone didn't hit the power button on the head unit back on the rear deck.
I do see the power is on at the head unit in back, if powered off is there something else I would need to do?

I do see the power is on at the head unit in back, if powered off is there something else I would need to do?

Hit the power button on the rear deck unit. When it's powered, it's still shows data on the LCD. Turn it ON so it tells Connext that "yo, i'm ready to bump some tunes and make their girls loose their tops."

Also, do you have amps? Are they powered on? Check breaker switches?

I am having the same issue. Did you ever find a fix? I have done what anmut mentioned but no luck.

Last edited:
I believe this is a mis-communication issue. On my boat, when floating or at a dock, the Connext screen is off so I just turn on the Fusion head unit manually with the power button then use the Fusion app to play tunes and control volume, etc. When we leave and fire up the system, the Connext gets confused and won't turn up the volume of the stereo until I first turn it DOWN a few notches, then I can turn it back up. The Connext simply lost track of the volume setting while floating and needs to "re-learn" again. No big deal now that I know why it's acting funny.

Another way is to turn off the battery switches and back on again. This way the radio and Connext come on at the same time and communication returns to normal.

I have the exact same issue with my brand new 2022 195s. The rear Fusion won’t power up at all. I have checked all of the fuses. Still doesn’t work. What was the fix to resolve your issue? Just curious.

Actually I was never able to get it figured out. I did a work around through downloading the fusion app.
Not the best fix but at least I can turn the radio up and down

Mine did this when I drained my battery and had to jump start. Corrected itself once battery was recharged.

Did anybody find a fix for the locked buttons? I have tried everything I’m that is posted in this and other forums and nothing works. The dealer called me today that they have ordered a replacement unit screen but could take 4-7 months or more since the original company who produced the screens went out of business and they are waiting for Yamaha to assign a new manufacturer.

Did anybody find a fix for the locked buttons? I have tried everything I’m that is posted in this and other forums and nothing works. The dealer called me today that they have ordered a replacement unit screen but could take 4-7 months or more since the original company who produced the screens went out of business and they are waiting for Yamaha to assign a new manufacturer.

I believe the current manufacturer is Actia. Hopefully the new manufacturer produces a superior screen, as I have read about many failures in these. The biggest concern is availability of replacement parts once these boats are 10 years old and need a screen.

Yes, we did. There is a fuse on the rear radio itself that was blown. This is actually fairly common. But we had to pull that rear radio out and it is on the back of it.

Back