• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1998 Exciter engine problem

rick johnston

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
my friend has an Exciter and has this problem, left turns, the left engine stalls. I remember reading about something like this years ago, can anyone remember what causes it and how to fix it?
thank you
RJ

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You need to have him get a fuel/air separator from either Group K or Island Racing. If you go to Group K's web site http://www.groupk.com/yjetboat.htm there is a write up about them. I installed the one from Group K because I liked that they used a electric fuel pump.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While a fuel/air separator is a good idea, I doubt that is the problem. Check the rear plug hatch and try taping a nickel above the 2 safety switches. I suspect on hard turns one of the switches is not getting pressed fully as it needs to. If the nickel fixes the problem you can then work on adjusting the switch.

rick johnston

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
that's exactly what I'll tell him to do, I remember mine had two pennies superglued for that same issue.
thanks a lot!
RJ

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You may of had them glued to the switches on the clean out cover.