• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1st Time Wakesurfing Club

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just wanted to start this thread for people just starting out wakesurfing to post their beginner videos or bloopers reels ! šŸ¤©

Many years ago I was a newbie surfer and remember the rush of getting up for the first time. Then it quickly moved into just trying to hold onto the rope to learn my balance on the board. The day I went ropeless was such a confidence booster. I am posting a video of a guy @mattschepker that has been one of my biggest cheerleaders the day I started surfing. He has been watching us for years and I can proudly announce he has joined the wake surfing club ! The smile on his face was priceless - great job Matt !

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Last summer, in Shelbyville, one of our friends (who recently taught his young daughters to surf) got in the water with our 11yr old and helped her finally get the hang of flipping the board. After what seemed like a 100 failed attempts over the previous weeks... it took her 3-4 attempts with him in the water, and now she pops right up. This video was the next day after Nathan helped her get up for the first time.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Travel back in time to July 2016 and my firsts.
No Wake Wedge and integrated ballasts on starboard side only, driving in circles... good times. Was able to go ropeless with the aid of some human ballast...

My wife's first time ropeless after baby hiatus. It's also her longest ever ropeless run to date.

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just wanted to start this thread for people just starting out wakesurfing to post their beginner videos or bloopers reels ! šŸ¤©

Many years ago I was a newbie surfer and remember the rush of getting up for the first time. Then it quickly moved into just trying to hold onto the rope to learn my balance on the board. The day I went ropeless was such a confidence booster. I am posting a video of a guy @mattschepker that has been one of my biggest cheerleaders the day I started surfing. He has been watching us for years and I can proudly announce he has joined the wake surfing club ! The smile on his face was priceless - great job Matt !

I had great teachers over the years. Now it's time to get better.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That didn't take long, lol

--

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Fist time up still working on ballast it was low tide only 3 to 4 foot depth . Home made wedge custom swim deck bag Doomswell Neo 4ā€™ 8ā€. I think the missing piece of the puzzle is adjustable nozzeles like the old SeaDoo jet skis had if you go near the center that mass of rushing water blows the board back rendering the center unrideable . With deep water Iā€™m hoping to drop the rope and shred the wave

Attachments