• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2 questions 1)Thrust Vectors 2) removing pump

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Yours is called aqua Trax. It is a composite material made from a PVC base. Probably very hard and not much in the way of non skid. Does that sound about right?

I'd love to get a pattern of the Glastron Boats. I can swing you a smoking deal on SeaDek if you'll do the pattern work.
I need a Sea Dek pattern for my Chaparral 223VRX as well. I'm just right up the road from you in Enterprise, AL.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@blackhawkpilot we already have that Chaparral model patterned and ready to go.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just trying to understand what these images are....is the top one an image of something Non-Jetboatpilot? OEM equipment? If so, that design looks like it would be small enough to get stuck under the reverse bucket. The lower white design looks like it would be impossible to get up under the bucket.

In @Briwhy 's photo, it does look like the fins have rubbed on the reverse bucket and that there would be no way to prevent that from happening. I'd want to know as a buyer that this would happen....not sure if would change my buying decision, but good to know.

Can anyone get a photo of the fins being held in the up position so we could see the position of the cross bar relative to the buckets. It looks to me like the cross bar is recessed into the center of the fins so that it couldn't catch on the bucket?
I will shoot a video to demonstrate what I've been saying all throughout this thread.

The picture of the black fins is a rotax Thrust Vector unit and no the design calls for the crossmember to clear the reverse gate unless the reverse is activated while moving forward at speeds of 5mph or greater.

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Shoot me an email and I will get you a quote on Monday. I thought I had already cleared the drawings to be on the site. I will make sure that they get uploaded asap.

Will@jetboatpilot.com

TheBaum

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Islandia
Boat Length
I will shoot a video to demonstrate what I've been saying all throughout this thread.

The picture of the black fins is a rotax Thrust Vector unit and no the design calls for the crossmember to clear the reverse gate unless the reverse is activated while moving forward at speeds of 5mph or greater.
@JetBoatPilot , so are you confirming/saying that the CURRENT design of the Rotax TV's might prevent the reverse bucket from coming down if the boat is travelling at 5mph or greater?

I like your design over the CobraJet Stearing, because of the TV's moving up at speed ..and thus the ability to keep the shallow draft of the jet boat intact. However, it is a simple fact that travelling at 5mph or even 10mph is completely common when needing to shift into reverse. And, while I don't like @ScarabMike 's approach to attacking these, he does raise a serious concern. It is simply unacceptable, at any speed, and for any reason, for TVs or any device to hinder the operation of that reverse gate. It would be, as he says, a serious safety issue.

I understand everything else that you said. And I watched your video where you install a newer version of the TVs on a Rotax twin-engine boat. Does the new/current design on the cross-member solve this concern now?

Last edited:

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
An integral part of the design features the crossmember coming into contact with the reverse bucket in order to force the fins into the down position if there is a need to shift from forward to reverse quickly. The new design features a bump stop situated in the center of the crossmember which eliminates the potential for trapping the crossmember underneath the reverse bucket. This was not a problem on older model boats but apparently something changed that we were not aware of on the newer model boats and a couple of customers trapped there cross member underneath the reverse bucket. This far through all of our testing we have not seen an issue with trapping on the new models and with the new Bump Stop.

TheBaum

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Islandia
Boat Length
Awesome, thanks!