• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2004 sr230 Fuel in oil, been reading, have yds but gives error.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
lol i can remove the air horns, throttle body and fuel rails with my eyes closed... in my set up If I could have reached the TPS by drilling two holes i would have

depending on what size holes you drilled you may be able to go to the auto parts store and find a plastic plug that will seal the hole and still give you access in the future ??

Bluejuice

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Based on you build thread i dont doubt you for a second! I'll check the store for plugs, thanks for the idea.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would just do a complete oil change and be done. That way you know you got all of the tainted oil out of the engine.

Bluejuice

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just a quick update, have been out a whopping two times since sorting this out and everything appears to be ok. Runs strong and no new oil being made.

I have noticed that both engines fire right up on the hose but have been taking their sweet ass time and sometimes requiring some throttle to start once launched at the ramp. (Even when warmed up a bit at home first) After the initial start though they run perfect all day. For the life of me i can't remeber if it was always like that. I'll start digging in to it when time allows.

Thanks to everyone who helped me with this, your ideas and advise were invaluable.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thats about right if the injectors and plugs a perfect then they light right off... If either are iffy then they are a little temperamental till they get warmed up then they are fine

Bluejuice

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well thats reasuring. Ive got all new plugs, and run injector cleaner in the gas. I'll check the plugs out and replace if I need too. Maybe it'll clear up on its own.