1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  2. Reminder of the Seadeck group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until SEPTEMBER 30th to get in on this group buy - which HAS ALREADY reached the 30% discount point!

So if you are looking to replace that old worn or stinky carpeting and get an awesome new look for your boat, or perhaps your stock swim platform is crumbling and leaving black crap on you and your guests when you sit on it.....look no further! Don't miss this opportunity as this only happens once a year!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Dismiss Notice

2006 AR 230 should we buy?

Discussion in 'Yamaha AR230, SX230, SR230 and 232 Limited / S' started by Austin Ramsey, Apr 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. zipper

zipper Jet Boat Junkie

Ratings:
    +615 / 12
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    @Scuba_ref is right, the seller ruined at least 1 of the engines, the sequence is in the owners manual, I believe on page 4-1.

2. aldo.raine

aldo.raine New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    I was hoping maybe I'd get lucky and it would be a simple fix. Which it may be since he's naive about the boats and the electrical bugs that could cause it not to start.

3. Scuba_ref

Scuba_ref Jetboaters Lieutenant

Ratings:
    +1,162 / 4
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Like @swatski said, it may not be hydro locked. someone else can correct me as I'm just regurgitating what I've learned on this forum, but I think you can take the spark plugs out and then try turning the impeller by hand to see it it is actually locked up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. swatski

swatski Jetboaters Admiral

Ratings:
    +4,498 / 82
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Moving the impeller may be tough, even with spark plugs out. I know some do it with a belt around the coupler (shaft).

--

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. veedubtek

veedubtek Jetboaters Captain

Ratings:
    +2,350 / 31
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    FSH
    Boat Length:
    Good advice from all above -

Just wanted to add - if you go through with this - don't do an SBT engine from everything I've read. If you're going that route, find a cheap ski that has the motor you want and swap it out. SBT success rate seems to be about 50/50.

6. aldo.raine

aldo.raine New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    I'm still on the fence. I may pay a local mobile mechanic to go and see if he can get the engine to turn over. That's the only way I'd buy it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Austin Ramsey

Austin Ramsey Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 3
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Is the only part I need from here 35? Besides steering cable

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. zipper

zipper Jet Boat Junkie

Ratings:
    +615 / 12
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    @Austin Ramsey Based on the pictures you posted, yes you will need part #35 reverse gate. I cannot tell if the mounting hardware is damaged, I assume it is not. That is based on the fact that the reverse gate (aluminum) broke before the hardware (steel) did. Part #31 nozzle deflector, which it mounts to is undamaged? It looks ok from the pics. Thats all I can see without being there. I hope it all works out, you bought a nice boat.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  9. Austin Ramsey

Austin Ramsey Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 3
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    The quantity on 10 is 2. So I need two of them for just replacing the one cable or just 1?

10. zipper

zipper Jet Boat Junkie

Ratings:
    +615 / 12
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    @Austin Ramsey If you did not damage part #10, you can re-use it. You can take the broken threaded piece out, and place that part on your new cable. They list (2) because you have two steering cables on your boat, but you only broke one. So if you think you can not reuse part #10, order only 1. Hope you Like this answer, trying to save you $$.

11. Austin Ramsey

Austin Ramsey Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 3
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Perfect! Thanks for the help and quick response, trying to order everything now. Stressful not knowing much about all of this

12. Austin Ramsey

Austin Ramsey Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 3
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    IMG_3196.JPG Does anyone know where I can eat this spacer or insert for the cobra jet fins. I can find the entire set but not just this one specific piece. I don't know if it's a sleeve or collar or what it's exactly called

13. plasticpig

plasticpig Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SR
    Boat Length:
    Jeff at Cobra Jet Steering should be able to help you out, he is a member here and is really helpful.

@Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Hope the tag worked..

14. Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Cobra Jet Steering LLC Jetboaters Captain

Ratings:
    +1,754 / 34
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Other
    Boat Length:
    Other
    already handled

• Like Like x 1
  15. plasticpig

plasticpig Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SR
    Boat Length:
    Told you he was helpful!!

I installed mine a couple of months ago, not had a chance to review them but it is my first jet boat and I installed them before taking it onto the water, I love the handling and control and doubt if I could ever go back to a stern-drive, I have no doubt that your fins are a major part in this.